Update iPad to iOS 7, but keep jailbreak apps

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
I'd like to update to ios7 but I want to keep all of my jb apps how can I do this? I'm on 6.1.2 currently.

Also will ios7 be slow for ipad 2 or its fine performance wise?

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
If you upgrade to iOS 7 you'll have to rejailbreak. Also, some of your Cydia apps may not be updated to run on the new iOS version.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Some people will recommend that you to use PkgBackup to batch install everything, but I don't advise it. There are still too many Cydia app incompatibilities on iOS 7.

Make a list of your Cydia apps/tweaks/themes > update to iOS 7 > rejailbreak > research which of your apps are compatible > reinstall them

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I'd like to update to ios7 but I want to keep all of my jb apps how can I do this? I'm on 6.1.2 currently.

Also will ios7 be slow for ipad 2 or its fine performance wise?
Some people will recommend that you to use PkgBackup to batch install everything, but I don't advise it. There are still too many Cydia app incompatibilities on iOS 7.

Make a list of your Cydia apps/tweaks/themes > update to iOS 7 > rejailbreak > research which of your apps are compatible > reinstall them
One reason that I like PKGBackup that I just found out when updating to iOS 7 is that I can email myself a list of apps and tweaks that I have, and then install them one by one to be safe.