Update iPhone to 3.0.1 on iTunes

tylercr16

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Louisiana
Should I update my iPhone to version 3.01. Are there any advantages or disadvantages? I welcome your opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
It supposedly fixes an SMS bug which would allow a hacker access your phone. Just let it sync before installing in case you have a problem.

forkee

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
if your not jailbroken, its no problem. updates and sync very easily

if you are jailbroken and/or unlocked. its still no problem. but you will have to re jailbreak and re unlock. its usually tedious having to go back to cydia and redownload all your personalized stuff and/or apps.

the 3.0.1 fixes one update. one that i don't even think is a problem. so i didn't update. i also have a lot of stuff from cydia and don't want to go through that again till 3.1

what comes from it? the comfort knowing that nobody will send you a text message with a little box

tylercr16

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Louisiana
So I did it. And got and unknown error. Then it restored my phone and deacctivated it. So I had to reacctivate it and I don't have anything on my phone. Now it won't let me sync! Is there an automatic back up, or am I screwed?
Please help!

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
So I did it. And got and unknown error. Then it restored my phone and deacctivated it. So I had to reacctivate it and I don't have anything on my phone. Now it won't let me sync! Is there an automatic back up, or am I screwed?
Please help!
When was the last time you synced your phone through iTunes? If you recently synced there is most likely a back up that you will be able to restore to.

tylercr16

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Louisiana
It restores from back up! Whew! But I just have to put my songs and apps back on
no biggie! But thanks you guys!
So I'm guessing it automatically backs up?

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
It restores from back up! Whew! But I just have to put my songs and apps back on
no biggie! But thanks you guys!
So I'm guessing it automatically backs up?
I'm glad it all worked out!
Yes is automatically backs up every time you sync(it should). The only things you would ever have to put back are your apps, music, tv shows/movies, podcasts, and that stuff through syncing. Your backup will have all your app data saved so once it is done syncing everything back you won't be able to tell the difference from the way the phone was before.

tylercr16

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Louisiana
Yeah the only thing I was missing was songs and apps but that takes no time to put on
I was scared at first, but I remembered you could import contacts from sim on the phone so I had all my contacts, then when it finally let me see iPhone in iTunes it said restore from back up of ****** iPhone and I was relieved
but thank yall so much
what would I do without eic