update iTunes album artwork to show on iPhone

kazaam

Bronze
Oct 8, 2007
I have a bunch of music in my iPhone but no artworks. I try to update artwork in iTunes, but still getting none artwork attach to my songs

Anyone know how to update the album artworks?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
to download album art through iTunes, highlight all of the songs you want to get artwork for, then click "get album artwork" under "advanced". That should do it.

but keep in mind iTunes can't get artwork for every album out there. If you have relatively rare/unpopular music (no offense meant - i fall into this category myself), you'll have to copy & paste your own artwork into iTunes.

kazaam

Bronze
Oct 8, 2007
to download album art through iTunes, highlight all of the songs you want to get artwork for, then click "get album artwork" under "advanced". That should do it.

but keep in mind iTunes can't get artwork for every album out there. If you have relatively rare/unpopular music (no offense meant - i fall into this category myself), you'll have to copy & paste your own artwork into iTunes.
Tried that, but didn't work! I just spent 3 hours to update each song in my iPhone and get an artwork for it.. that was a pain in the ass.. lol

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
What didn't work? You found album artwork at a different source, cut and pasted it into iTunes, and then synched to your phone and the album cover wasn't there?

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
For some reason, album artwork no longer displays on my iPhone. All I see are boxes with a musical symbol inside. Since iTunes is not new to me, I know how to use its "get album artwork" feature.

I didn't see in general settings (on iPhone) anything that allows for turning album artwork on and off.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
For some reason, album artwork no longer displays on my iPhone. All I see are boxes with a musical symbol inside. Since iTunes is not new to me, I know how to use its "get album artwork" feature.

I didn't see in general settings (on iPhone) anything that allows for turning album artwork on and off.
can you see the album art for these songs in iTunes?

I assume you can, but i have to ask.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
After searching for a way to automattically import Album Art into iTunes, I was horribly disappointed. The only application written to do this did the importing based on a per song selection in iTunes. I'm not clicking 5 buttons for each song :-P.
========================================================

THAT is NOT true. I've not used this program, but it seems like overkill.

Highlight, click, and drag. That's all it takes.

JewelDiamond

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Easiest way is to just go to Google images, type in the album, and drag or copy that pic into iTunes. You must also highlight the albums/songs that you want this pic to go to. VERY simple!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Easiest way is to just go to Google images, type in the album, and drag or copy that pic into iTunes. You must also highlight the albums/songs that you want this pic to go to. VERY simple!
exactly. No other programs are needed.

BuzzLY

Oct 18, 2007
exactly. No other programs are needed.
Unless of course you have 4000 songs...

I have used a program called fixTunes. it works pretty well -- 95% of my albums now have cover art.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Unless of course you have 4000 songs...

I have used a program called fixTunes. it works pretty well -- 95% of my albums now have cover art.
I have over 10000 in my library, and had to manually load a significant percentage of my album art (including EVERY SINGLE Zappa album. wtf, iTunes?). Idunno... i didn't think it was much of a problem.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
can you see the album art for these songs in iTunes?

I assume you can, but i have to ask.
Yes, I can see them all in iTunes. I think the point that some are missing is this; in my case, I was able to see my album art on the iPhone. I didn't do anything different so I don't know why they just stopped showing up.

Last night, instead of taking my butt to sleep, I stayed up messing with iTunes and album art.

I went to my music and highlighted all songs. Then clicked, "get album art." iTunes started doing it's thing and at the top displayed a message that it was getting album art for 400+ songs. I synced, then I checked my iPhone and the album art still wasn't there.

I then went back to iTunes and started doing my songs as compilations (different songs from same album). For any artwork iTunes couldnt find, I just got the image off Amazon.

Anyway, after doing compilations, I did another sync and went back to iPhone and 90% of my album art was there. The only ones that weren't were the hard to find stuff.