Update? (no info, question)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Norwest

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Ist update / fix was at 30 days near end of July. Another fix soon after. Maybe another REAL update at the end of August? I can only hope.

I hope there a pattern here and a functional update coming real soon.

RTpics

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Malibu CA
what would you like to see in this update, my phone is great thanks to the clever developers dotted around the globe i could not ask for more

Norwest

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
what would you like to see in this update, my phone is great thanks to the clever developers dotted around the globe i could not ask for more
I could. My short Wishlist in no particular order (I'll take any one of these in the next update)

1. Better Wifi signal level display.... numerical?
2. Copy and paste.
3. Email groups (real groups)
4. Finger scribbling of notes. I really miss that.
5. Actually downloading and saving ANYTHING from the internet or email to disk?

To me #5 is the most GLARING oversight of the iPhone. Let me download and then retrieve the file through iTunes or whatever.

6. Louder speakerphone and volume.
7. Option to disable "slide to unlock", just sleep and wake-up ready on touch.
6. A real voice recorder. (hacked, I know)
7. Some native productivity apps.
8. Basic file I/O access, 8 gb iPhone on my hip but I sitll need to carry a USB key since I also can't use my iPhone to transfer files to another computer.

What a waste of disk space.

I want to drag and drop files to my iPhone disk and drag and drop them to my work computer disk (or any computer). I have like 4gb free that I can't even use for anything but media and contacts through iTunes.

I'd give all of that up for Bluetooth GPS capability with Google maps. It has Bluetooth... it has Google maps ... how difficult could that be, to have it receive from an external Bluetooth GPS receiver like the one below using local data of particular city downloaded from somewhere or transferred from a desktop?

You know, so you can still get phone calls while it's working? :)

Lots more stuff, all of which "wasn't promised" ... which is why it's a "wishlist". My iPhone isn't hacked and I don't plan to hack it so my wishlist is pretty big.

How many hacks resolve any of that stuff besides the voice recorder? I don't care about games and stuff like that. My iPhone certainly doesn't do everything I wish it could do nor what it's probably physically capable of...

... if only Apple would just "let the big dog eat". :)

I often wonder if I paid to participate in a big beta-test program. :)

I still love my iPhone.

Last edited by a moderator: