Update notification

tylercr16

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Louisiana
Is there a way to get update notifications for your iPhone, on your phone?

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
Do you mean firmware updates notices? I don't think so- I just read EIC;)

tylercr16

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Louisiana
Yeah, that's what I figured. On the blacjacj you can check for update on the phone. That's Samsung this is Apple. Thanks anyways

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
AT&T has sent me a text, once or twice over that last few years,telling me to update.

tylercr16

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Louisiana
Haha that could difficult considering the iPhone is so popular.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
Yeah, that's what I figured. On the blacjacj you can check for update on the phone. That's Samsung this is Apple. Thanks anyways
Sorry, but I don't understand. Every time you sync with iTunes, there's a check to see if your firmware is up to date. Do I infer that you are looking to receive notifications via text; email? Most people sync at least once in a while. The issue fixed by the latest was in anticipation of a new threat that was announced as a potential if released in the wild. To date, I don't think anyone has seen it in the wild. I heard about it first on this site but it had had several mentions in the media by "d-day".

YMMV

tylercr16

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Louisiana
Yeah normally I would sync more often then I do. But my computer isn't the fastest. So that's the only reason. But I usually do once a week unless I wanna add new songs or something. But yeah a text or email would be nice.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
Yeah normally I would sync more often then I do. But my computer isn't the fastest. So that's the only reason. But I usually do once a week unless I wanna add new songs or something. But yeah a text or email would be nice.
I understand about the computer. I worked on one fellow's machine to update his iPhone twice. His machine takes about 10 minutes to settle down after a startup or reboot so I can disable all the IM's, etc. he uses. The 2.2.1 update took an hour. The 3.0.1 took nearly 3 hours. It was never able to restore the phone. I finally changed the cable and it finished the restore in about 15 - 20 minutes.

YMMV

tylercr16

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Louisiana
Yeah
my update scared me. It deacctivated my phone cause of an unknown error. But when I got it all settled it was updated.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
That's what scared me with Alex's phone. He has special needs and relies heavily on his phone for keeping in touch and reminding him to do certain things on certain days and at specific times. It seemed at one point that this necessary tool had been bricked by something I wasn't doing right. Whew!