Update on Richardsolo battery for 3G

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Here is an email I got from Richardsolo yesterday. This is in regard to the compatibility issues with the 3g. This only effects when you try to charge the battery and phone together. When charged seperatly it works fine with the 3g. I use it often and love it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hello Tom,

Thanks for the followup.

As it turns out, it is the software in the battery that is causing this problem.

As a result, we are sending you and your associates a complete new kit, with battery, charger, cables.

You will have two! Just one of the batteries will only charge the iPhone separately. The new one works great in tandem.

Our shipment is running late, but we will get all this out by about Sept 7 or sooner.

If your other friends order, they will get the new one, about Sept 10 or sooner.

You and your two first ordering friends will get two complete sets for the price of the one.

Thanks for your patience, we are about there!

Richard

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Someone actually posted this a while back.

I was wishing I'd get mine before my trip home next weekend for the football season home opener. That is, providing home will still be there after Gustav. :(

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
I was the someone. This is an updated I received a few days ago. They are now saying that the problem (3g only) is not with the charger but with the software interaction between the battery and the 3g (only) when charging together. They are also saying you can keep the orginal battery, which works great, it just will not charge when attached to the charger. So know people that complained will have 2 baterries. Good deal, that is if the second one ever comes.