Update question

Smokey

Bronze
Sep 17, 2008
I just bought a 3G and was wondering how I will know when there is a software update?

I only ask because a bug in the software is annoying me.

The one where after a while you stop hearing the ringtone for when you get a text message.

snverhallen

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
I just bought a 3G and was wondering how I will know when there is a software update?

I only ask because a bug in the software is annoying me.

The one where after a while you stop hearing the ringtone for when you get a text message.
To check for iPhone updates, plug your iPhone into your computer and open iTunes then click "Check for Updates" on the Summary tab of your iPhone.

snverhallen

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
update to 2.1! It's the best update since 2.0

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
If you were thinking about apps from the app store, whenever you launch the app store app from your iPhone, updates to software you currently have installed will show up as a number (depending on the number of apps which have updates ready to be installed). In iTunes, software updates also appear as a number next to the application link on the left side of the screen.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
What do you mean by the ringtone being interrupted by an incoming SMS? The SMS tone will ring if you get a text while listening to music. The music will fade for a second as the tone plays, and then resume once it is done.