Update required for SDK?

twallyf

Bronze
Oct 20, 2007
just curious, will an update be required for either the iPhone or iTunes when the SDK or was that covered in the last update?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Nobody really knows for certain as yet. Latest firmware - 1.1.3 - seems at least partly (and maybe all the way) ready to deliver apps. A lot of people still seem to think there will be another update around the time of the SDK release though ...

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
well its almost Feb... anyone hear any news on when this will happen
I think Jobs is supposed to have said at Macworld that SDK release would be late Feb. I don't remember hearing that part, and have never gone back to listen again. I think by now the really interesting part is how quickly there will be some interesting new apps (or old favorites from Installer) available via the new delivery system ...

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
i'm anxiously awaiting the SDK and a new update to see what they bring. if video recording capability and mms are somehow implemented either through 3rd party app or update i will come back to the iPhone and sell my Nokia N95-3. I love the N95 and its camera,3g, and all the features but for some reason I do miss the iPhone.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
They'll probably release them through iTunes for $2.99 a download and call it a phenomenal deal, comparing it to subscription models that cost $2.99 per use or $9.99 to own.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
i'm anxiously awaiting the SDK and a new update to see what they bring. if video recording capability and mms are somehow implemented either through 3rd party app or update i will come back to the iPhone and sell my Nokia N95-3. I love the N95 and its camera,3g, and all the features but for some reason I do miss the iPhone.
well i'm back on the iPhone now. I was at the AT&T store getting a wireless card for my mac and the iPhone was begging me to take it home. I couldn't resist. guess I'll have to make do with an iPhone and N95-3 now :)