Update - Screen doesn't go off while on the phone, then goes to sleep..

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Skipper

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Well, not sure if it is related to the update, but I updated and restored last night... Now when I am on a call and put the phone to my ear, the screen stays on the whole time as if I am using a regular app, then after a minute it goes into auto-lock. Therefore, when I finish the call and pull the phone from my ear, the screen is still off as the call goes on. It comes back when the other party hangs up or I press the sleep button... but this is getting to be pretty crappy.

WTF?
Is this a setting that I have to reset after the update? is anyone else having this problem?

spyrwebs

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Travelin man, SOCAL
its definently something wrong with the light sensor on top of the earpiece or something since a restore didn't fix it. Do you have a case because I heard of people having this problem with in incase skins. the sensor is right above the earpiece, you can test it out by making a call and placing your finger above the earpiece. it should turn the screen off.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Well, not sure if it is related to the update, but I updated and restored last night... Now when I am on a call and put the phone to my ear, the screen stays on the whole time as if I am using a regular app, then after a minute it goes into auto-lock. Therefore, when I finish the call and pull the phone from my ear, the screen is still off as the call goes on. It comes back when the other party hangs up or I press the sleep button... but this is getting to be pretty crappy.

WTF?
Is this a setting that I have to reset after the update? is anyone else having this problem?
try another restore and reupdate and try again. if that doesn't work something is wrong with the sensor and your best bet would be to head to the closest Apple store.

Skipper

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
phew! I read this while I was in line at the Apple store. Turns out I have a skin on the phone, it has a cut out where the sensor is but I had no idea what it was for. Either way, i took it off and adjusted it and we are back in businesss!
Thanks guys!