update "September 2007"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gerstyd

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
So anyone notice that Apple is stressing the "September" part of the update? in your collective opinions, do you think its going to be a once a month deal now? I watched the video on the update, and the guy speaking seamed to enunciate September. Just a thought, probably not a good one, but a thought none the less.

Prelector

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
So anyone notice that Apple is stressing the "September" part of the update? in your collective opinions, do you think its going to be a once a month deal now? I watched the video on the update, and the guy speaking seamed to enunciate September. Just a thought, probably not a good one, but a thought none the less.
Hmm...

August: Price Drop Fiasco
September: Update 1.1.1 Abortion

I SHUDDER to think of the damage they'll do in October, especially it being Halloween! :p

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Hmm...

August: Price Drop Fiasco
September: Update 1.1.1 Abortion

I SHUDDER to think of the damage they'll do in October, especially it being Halloween! :p
and for april of next year..they will update your phones so they wont be able to make calls and then say April fools :O

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I wouldn't count on that "April fools" retraction part :p
What's wrong with all of you? You don't like the iPhone, you don't like Apple. Go back to your Zunes' players and Nokia phones. Or be a little more constructive in your postings. All that negativity is really getting annoying.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Monthly updates seem like they would be a bit too frequent for the Apple development team that's in charge of them, but it would be nice. Actually, I haven't yet updated to 1.1.1 as I have apps and such that I don't care to lose.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
What's wrong with all of you? You don't like the iPhone, you don't like Apple. Go back to your Zunes' players and Nokia phones. Or be a little more constructive in your postings. All that negativity is really getting annoying.
So it is. I'm quite tired of it.

Prelector

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Actually, I really enjoy my iPhone, for the most part. I just wish we'd finally get some requested/required updates with content we've all been asking for.

And before you comment on my "constructive postings", maybe you should take a look at my history here... for the most part, I think my posts are very constructive, and I try to provide facts to back up my posts.

Finally, I definitely have to agree on the negativity part! I think we differ slightly on where it's coming from though. I don't begrudge the folks who've had their device "bricked" the last few days being a bit angry; I don't begrudge the folks who've suddenly lost access to all the 3P apps they've had to use to fill the functionality holes in this device (despite Apple stating they were neutral on 3P apps).

What I DO find Annoying, is the COMMUNITY jumping all over us! I really don't see why other members are getting involved in our disagreement with Apple... If I don't like what Apple's doing regarding iPhone support, and development, and my complaining gets them to correct at least a few things, how does that do anything but HELP you?!

Here's an idea, try supporting your fellow iPhone users! And if you can't, or don't, agree with their concerns, at a minimum, stay out of the way! If a guy's house is on fire, and he's running screaming for help, if you can't help, at least don't Trip the poor guy!

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
So is your habitual criticism of anybody who doesn't show the same fawning adoration for Apple that you do.

Just because you're a blinded and obsessed zea lot please don't assume that everyone else is.

T3Logic

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
Daytona Beach
All I know is Jobs stated in his key notes that new apps will be coming on a regular basis.

So far it seems there is just a lot of time, money and effort is being spent to keep hackers out.

Lets see Apple has released 1 app in 3 months, at this rate we will have 4 additional apps by next year.

It just came to me, Apple is upset because windows coders are better than Apple coders. ;-)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
So is your habitual criticism of anybody who doesn't show the same fawning adoration for Apple that you do.

Just because you're a blinded and obsessed zea lot please don't assume that everyone else is.
So basically it's your job to roam the forums and shoot down anyone who has something nice to say about the iPhone or Apple. Right?