update soon? looks like it.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Must keep holding on and wishing and praying:p. It's nice to know that there are so many others that feel just like me. I sync every night even though it's telling me the next update will not be until...I just hope when the updates come, they will be well worth the wait.
It telling that it's checking for an update on X day doesn't mean that's the anticipated release date. The software automatically checks the server for updates regularly.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
It telling that it's checking for an update on X day doesn't mean that's the anticipated release date. The software automatically checks the server for updates regularly.
yes no kiddin. My "x" day has changed twice now i think. Im happy just the way it is. Messanging is my biggest complaint. Ringtones? I've had my own ringtones on it for a while now...that priority has moved WAY down the list.

Csm_tc

Jul 28, 2007
u guys think Apple will release some sort of update/patch before the security vulnerability goes public on August 2nd?

insocal

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007

ChArLiE713

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
IT IS AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW! It's downloading to my iPhone but I was too excited to read what it includes! It is VERSION 1.0.1 and I would not make a lame joke about something like this. I promise its true!
IS HE JOKING!?!?!? Somebody please tell me!

Csm_tc

Jul 28, 2007
Version 1.01 is now available, I am currently downloading it right now, but the bad news is that if you currently have your phone hacked (ringtones, carrier logos, etc) I think you may have to restore your phone to the factory settings, well at least that's what I had to do:(

hoop

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
arlington,texas
Version 1.01 is now available, I am currently downloading it right now, but the bad news is that if you currently have your phone hacked (ringtones, carrier logos, etc) I think you may have to restore your phone to the factory settings, well at least that's what I had to do:(
yup, its restoring mine :(

CLOUDHOPPER

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
So is that the update they were referring to? It was pretty much useless.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Negative. not everyone needed to restore. some were just unfortunate enough to be required to.. the 3 ringtones I put in through the iPhoneringtone makers are still there and working.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
nice i was worried about doing this bc i didn't wanna lose my ringtones.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
nice i was worried about doing this bc i didn't wanna lose my ringtones.
How did you do your ringtones? Did you use iPhoneringtonemaker or did you do the jailbreak hack?

I did the iPhoneringtonemaker thing and didn't have any problems at all with the update.

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
Negative. not everyone needed to restore. some were just unfortunate enough to be required to.. the 3 ringtones I put in through the iPhoneringtone makers are still there and working.
I was one of the unfortunate ones as I lost all my mods and was restored back to factory shipped state.:( Bummer...