Update to latest RiP-Dev Installer crashes iPhone

h.s

Oct 14, 2008
Hi there,

installing the latest Installer update (4.0b9) from the RiP-Dev team yesterday crashed my iPhone: After downloading the package via the already existing Installer, the respring failed - only a Spinning Circle of Death kept showing. After reboot, the phone was stuck in a boot loop: The pwnApple logo shows up, but the device never makes it to Springboard. After a few minutes the phone reboots by itself and gets stuck again.

I suspect this to be a permissions problem - SSHing works, but I don't know what exactly to adjust / fix. Any help would be highly appreciated! Oh, and I'm using a 3G with 2.1 Firmware.

Thanks in advance,
hs

talonlzr

Nov 14, 2008
I have this exact problem too

Hoping there is an easy way to fix it.

bkrgrlmphs

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
That happened to me today and all I did was dl a free game. I can't get past the Apple logo with the frkng spinning wheel. Everytime I say that I love this phone it f**ks up.
Has anyone offered you help?

talonlzr

Nov 14, 2008
Some success, finally

After 3 reboots, letting it go a looooooooong time (10+ minutes) on each attempt, leaving it off for a lil' while (without expecting that to do much of a difference) it magically booted back up.

I will now refrain from restarting or using any RiP-dev product again until I've figured out a way to ensure that does not happen all over again.

In retrospect, it looks a lot like the out-of-memory-too-many-apps icon-cache corruption issue one had back with 2.0.x. I'd try simply removing a few apps once you've either restored or magically fixed it and see if that doesn't make my life a lot better :)

h.s

Oct 14, 2008
Attached it to my Mac and iTunes did some voodoo - everything works fine now. Strange thing.