Update, Without it can you still upload music etc..?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bsheikh4

Sep 22, 2007
Hi,
I live in the UK and have purchased an iPhone whichn is in the post.

The phone is unlocked and so I will not update it at the moment, but i have a few questions...

1)Will song/movies/photos still be able to be uploaded without me having to update the software

2)When i first plug in my iPhone will iTunes (downloaded 1 week ago so fairly new edition) immediately detect the iPhone or will i have to register it or something?

So in a nutshell can i use my iPhone as usual without updating it?

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
Hi,
I live in the UK and have purchased an iPhone whichn is in the post.

The phone is unlocked and so I will not update it at the moment, but i have a few questions...

1)Will song/movies/photos still be able to be uploaded without me having to update the software

2)When i first plug in my iPhone will iTunes (downloaded 1 week ago so fairly new edition) immediately detect the iPhone or will i have to register it or something?

So in a nutshell can i use my iPhone as usual without updating it?
Yes you can use your iPhone as normal without updating. Simply check no if asked to update the firmware.

bsheikh4

Sep 22, 2007
Thanks....so in theory this will make no difference to me (providing i refuse to update)....? Everyone else agree....

Thanks for fast reply mate...!

Also one more question....The google map on the iPhone...is that a world map...ie UK too? Also does it work with WIFI or EDGE or both?

Thanks