Updated now ask for Activation

karned2

Nov 19, 2008
I accidentally upgraded yesterday to 2.2, first i restored and then upgraded, dodnt realize that its the 2.2 version. Now my iPhone is asking me to activate it?

What should i do?

karned2

Nov 19, 2008
I have V1, 1.0.2 unlocked and jailbroken, was using tmobile, then switched to ATT few days ago.
So what i did is restore, and then upgrade to 2.2.
If i activate, then they need credit card etc.. and i don't want there data plan. I have a family plan which i am happy with.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I have V1, 1.0.2 unlocked and jailbroken, was using tmobile, then switched to ATT few days ago.
So what i did is restore, and then upgrade to 2.2.
If i activate, then they need credit card etc.. and i don't want there data plan. I have a family plan which i am happy with.
Well I think that you're in trouble..I don't think ATT family plan is good with the iPhone...You need to call them.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
You can use the family plan with the iPhone, but the data plan is charged ontop of that. so if you have 1000 minutes pooled, you pay for that and the iPhone data plan. you definitely need to call them to have this setup. Once it's in the system, it will automatically verify that the phone is on AT&T and activate.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I think you either need to go with a legit iPhone account or you need to wait for 2.2 to be jailbroken/unlocked so you can use whatever sim you were using before.

karned2

Nov 19, 2008
thanks, i don't want to do this legit with att, i want to used it as unlocked but it just happens i am on att now. I also use it overseas when i travel.

So i guess i have to wait until 2.2 gets unlocled and jailbroken.

Is there anyway to downgrade back to 2.1? if i press shift+restore, will it give me that option?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
thanks, i don't want to do this legit with att, i want to used it as unlocked but it just happens i am on att now. I also use it overseas when i travel.

So i guess i have to wait until 2.2 gets unlocled and jailbroken.

Is there anyway to downgrade back to 2.1? if i press shift+restore, will it give me that option?
According to the Dev team, the baseband was not updated on the V1 phones with this firmware, so you should be able to hold down the shift key and hit restore and browse for the 2.1 firmware.