Updated some themes, iPhone now thinks its a iPod!

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I just updated the plainjane themes through installer, and when the phone was finished, the carrier logo now says ipod, and there are no icons on my screen. Anyone?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
If this happens in the future there is no need to restore. The issue was your M68AP.plist in the Springboard.app folder. If it gets corrupted the iPhone displays "iPod" where the carrier logo goes. Very easy to fix if you can get into the iPhone via iBrickr, SSH, etc. I advice everyone to back up their M68AP.plist file in case this happens. Customize is a big culprit here too BTW.

--
Mike

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
If this happens in the future there is no need to restore. The issue was your M68AP.plist in the Springboard.app folder. If it gets corrupted the iPhone displays "iPod" where the carrier logo goes. Very easy to fix if you can get into the iPhone via iBrickr, SSH, etc. I advice everyone to back up their M68AP.plist file in case this happens. Customize is a big culprit here too BTW.

--
Mike
My icons were all missing too. The only reason I had access to anything was cause I had Dock installed! Man, wish I knew about replacing that corrupt file before! Thanks tinman, I'm backing up that file right now.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
My icons were all missing too. The only reason I had access to anything was cause I had Dock installed! Man, wish I knew about replacing that corrupt file before! Thanks tinman, I'm backing up that file right now.
Yes, icons can get hosed too. Happened to me several times when first playing around in 1.1.1--and I didn't have Dock installed. And I restored at least once before realizing it was only the plist. :(

It's happened at least once since I figured out the plist issue and that cleared it up without having to restore!

--
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Yes, icons can get hosed too. Happened to me several times when first playing around in 1.1.1--and I didn't have Dock installed. And I restored at least once before realizing it was only the plist. :(

It's happened at least once since I figured out the plist issue and that cleared it up without having to restore!

--
Mike
That's exactly what my screen looked like!

Last edited by a moderator: