updated to 1.1.4 and now phone does not respond. please help

jealous17

Aug 31, 2007
i couldnt read everything in here because i have to get ready for work so i apologize if this has been brought up, BUT

last night i downloaded 1.1.4 and after it finished installing on my iPhone(which was jailbroken from 1.1.2) i took it off the dock and it had the picture of the cable with the arrow pointing to the iTunes logo, as if to say connect to iTunes. ok so see that before no big deal, but when i connect it (through my computers usb, not a keyboard or monitor usb) NOTHING at all happens. iTunes or my pc does not even know its hooked up. the phon makes the notion that it is charging, but the comp wont pick it up. basically my phone is a nice paperweight right now.

i updated to the latest iTunes last night also and still nothing.
my girlfriends phone is not updated to 1.1.4 and is jailbroken from 1.1.2 still and hers responds right away when i connect it.
also i have restarted my iPhone by turning it off, and holding the home and sleep keys until it restarts, and i have restarted my computer/iTunes a million times and nothing happens.

please help as soon as possible as i am not able to do anything on my phone, except slide for emergency.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Try the iPhone modifications forum or the iPhone software forum. You would probably get some replies to your post there.

low_low_03

Jul 11, 2007
O'Fallon, IL.
Last edited by a moderator:

jealous17

Aug 31, 2007
I too just went through a very similar problem

if your still having probs give this a try
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/help-iphone-frozen-on-apple-screen.20019/

if you still cant get it to work, i saw somewhere else on here to use the docking station with the above process...good luck
thanks for the info.
i had to go to Apple after spending a couple hours on the phone with an Apple tech, and they just had to replace my phone and AT&T had to replace my sim card. everything was wrong. but its all good now

Last edited by a moderator: