Updated to 10, lost the EiC app

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Hondamaker, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

I can't even find it in the App Store.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's been pulled and is no longer supported. You can still sync it to your phone through iTunes just like any other pulled app. Connect your phone to iTunes and check the box next to the iCafe app in the apps tab. This is assuming you have synced with iTunes at least once in the past six years.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Zzz

Zzz Contributor
    Bronze

I did not do this. Dang Stinks! Forced to use Tapatalk. Can't stand it! My fault though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Haha, I have indeed synced to iTunes. About once every couple of weeks on my Mac.

5. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

I've synced to iTunes many times and there is no trace of the eic app there, or on my phone. I think it's lost for all eternity....

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Are you sure you're looking in the right place? It should be on this list if you've ever synced.
    Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 2.49.03 PM.png

7. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Yeah. I'm sure.

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

It's no longer in my purchased list. It's still on screen, but if I restore as new, it's gone.
    Most apps I have that are pulled from the App Store remain in the purchased list. Not sure why this one did not.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Apps that are pulled/removed from the App Store are removed from the purchased list on iOS, but they remain in your app list in iTunes can still be synced after restores through iTunes.

• List
  10. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I still have several apps in my purchased list that were pulled. When Apple pulled the Launcher App, it remained in my purchased list.

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

A few might slip by Apple. But if they are removed from your purchased list as they typically are when they are pulled, they only way to get them back on is syncing them through iTunes.

• List
  12. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Screen Shot 2016-09-30 at 9.52.44 PM.png
    I just noticed, in iTunes it says I have 217 apps, but I only count 77 on the Apps page. What's up with that?

13. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I have about 10 or so on screen that are no longer in the App Store, but are in my purchased list. When I tap on them in the purchased list, it goes to a blank screen with the spinning load wheel. There's a few more, but they're not on my screen.

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Can you click the cloud icon and install them from the purchased list?

15. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Yes. But if I tap it, it doesn't load to show the app highlights.

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Right. As I have mentioned before, you have to use iTunes to install it since it's no longer in the App Store.

17. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I can download them to my screen. I just can't see the write up. The write up doesn't load.

18. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!

So, I ran into some issues while upgrading to my 128 GB Piano Black iPhone 7 Plus. I couldn't remember my password for my encrypted backups via iTunes, therefore I couldn't just do a straight restore from my old phone to my new phone. So I had to basically start from scratch. Using the PURCHASED list in iOS, I was able to install a lot of the apps I had. But there were a couple more, including the iCafe app for these forums, that I was going to have to restore from iTunes somehow.

I do backup to iTunes pretty regularly, so it was in there, but I've had a few issues with my whole iTunes library since I moved it from my MBP a few months ago to the Airport Base. I knew it was there. I found it in the directory. But as hard as I tried, I couldn't get it to restore.

Then, last night, I was just perusing a few things in my phone, and I could not believe my eyes. There, on my phone, was the app. The purplish app -- with the words iCafe Forums below it. BAM!! It was there!! Not sure how long it had been hidden there, but IT'S THERE!! And IT WORKS!! WOOOOHOOO!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!!!

19. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Good on ya, Skippy.