Updated to 5A347 - now some apps don't work

Tammster

Jul 15, 2008
I've found 3 applications that have not worked since I updated my software today (which took over an hour!). One of them (reqall) I deleted and then reinstalled from the application store directly on my iPhone & it still doesn't work. It tells me "The application *** can not be opened". Substitute the application names for the ***s.

Most of my apps do work, but some don't. One of the games & shazam does not work anymore.

ANy ideas?

BLIK

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
I haven't any issues after upgrading my 3G to 5A347

your right it took an hour to upgrade to 5A347

Tammster

Jul 15, 2008
I just had to "reboot" my phone. I should have thought of that first.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
This isn't a total fix, but it seems that if you download apps to the computer and not the phone they seem to be more stable. Don't know why this is, but that is what people are reporting on this forum in various threads. I have done some of both and had no problems......yet.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
after I did the update I had problems with my gps finding my current location

BLIK

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
Yeah I just tried GPS and it has me 2.1 miles away from my home

and I am sitting in my living room at my home

WEIRD

RichR

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
No issues here but it did take a long time to connect with the GPS. Then when it did, it was off abit but correected itself within a few minutes. All in all, i have a hard time getting any type of GPS lock on the iPhone inside home/buildings but I do get locks with many other phones inside that have GPS-A like my treo 800. I think the antenna on the iPhone 3g is not the greatest!