Updated to iOS 7, no FaceTime icon?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jalalawi, Sep 19, 2013.

1. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

I have updated to iOS 7 but I can't see the video and Audio FaceTime application. Even before I was not having the FaceTime but don't know the reason but I heard that under iOS 7 there will be a separate Application for the FaceTime?!

Sent using iCafe app

2. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

It was on my homescreen after updating last night. it is a green square with a white icon that resembles a movie camera.

3. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

I don't have such icon. Could you please upload the image of the icon?

Sent using iCafe app

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

This should be the icon:
    ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1379626311.505065.jpg

5. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

I don't have this icon!

Sent using iCafe app

6. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

U may have it in a folder. Open each folder u have and scroll to the second page, I have the icon but it doesn't work ; (

Sent using iCafe app

7. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

Have checked all the folders and couldn't see it! I don't have FaceTime application and I think this is malfunction from Apple..,,

Sent using iCafe app

8. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm also trying to figure how to solve my problem, it can be very frustrating. Hopefully somebody here will come up with a good answer.

Sent using iCafe app

9. ozico80

ozico80 New Member

Well in some countries FaceTime is banned
    For example in Dubai, my mother and a friend got their I phone from Dubai and both don't have the FaceTime app.

Sent using iCafe app

10. ozico80

ozico80 New Member

From where did u buy your phone? And did u used FaceTime on your ios 6?

Sent using iCafe app

11. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

That is a shame, to me it makes the difference.

Sent using iCafe app

12. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

As I said even before with iOS 6 I don't have it but in our country some others have it but my case is very strange because I have two iPhone and one has FaceTime but the other doesn't has it!

Sent using iCafe app

13. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

I bought it from USA and have been using since the iPhone 4. I was using in the 4, 4s and 5. My 5 was stolen and got another 4s, it was working fine in iOS 6 until I switch to iOS 7.

Sent using iCafe app

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I think I figured it out. You can fix it on your computer. This problem has to do with email verification.

"Problem solved! I had 2 Apple IDs . For some unknown reason my Apple ID, that is also my @mac.com address is not verified. I logged into my old account where the same @mac.com address was verified. I removed the @mac.com address from the second account and added a new email address, my gmail.com address. Verified it and used that Apple ID to sign into FaceTime and iMessage. Works."

"Problem solved. My email was verified in an old Apple ID. just had to remove the address from that ID . Added a new email to old account and everything works fine now."

15. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

Still trying! When you say go to your computer you mean to go to iTunes right? I went to iTunes and I had only one email addy ( a gmail addy, I never had an @mac.com ) I changed my password, I went through out the whole process, asked for credit card back # and finally I was verified and got the green check. I reset my iPhone and started all again and still doesn't let me get either iMessage and FaceTime. Even when I filled out the info with wrong email addy and wrong password it tells me I'm having network connections and try again. I already changed the password to the MacBook Pro and iPad and I can do FaceTime with Mac but nothing with the iPhone. I really don't know what to do next : (.

Sent using iCafe app

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

There's a place to edit and update your Apple ID on Apple.com.

17. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

Yes I think I went to the right place, I really don't want to factory reset because I have about 250 apps all arranged in folders the way I like them. It is going to take me for ever to rearrange them all again. ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1379649947.500691.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

18. RBNetEngr

RBNetEngr Contributor
    Bronze

I have a 4S
    And have run iOS 4, 5, and 6. The phone never had an icon for FaceTime. To make a FaceTime call I select a contact and then choose the FaceTime button on the contact page.

How did you get a FaceTime icon

-rb

19. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

Starting from iOS 7 the FaceTime is now a separate application and has an icon.

Sent using iCafe app

20. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

Thank u Europe for all your advice!

Finally everything is working now. I ended setting up as new phone, afterwards I singed in as always, it took very very long to get in the Apple account and even longer to the iCloud, it come a massage saying resetting account and didn't have any other option than to wait thinking that it it wouldn't work out, finally went trough and was able to start using the phone.

The iMessage work right away, FaceTime fought me some then everything worked fine.

After checking that everything was working I restored from the last backup with the Mac thinking that wasn't going to work because that would be a corrupted backup ( which is what I originally used or at least I thought I used) and for my surprise it worked.

The iMessage was already signed in then I messed up a little with FaceTime and worked out too. I know now at least for me that FaceTime doesn't work between iOS 6 and iOS 7. My roommate still has iOS 6 and we can't FaceTime but with my friends with ios7 have no problem.

I just thought to post this for those who were curious to know how all this ended up, thank you all.

Sent using iCafe app