Updates In App Store iOS7

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Jaccks

Bronze
Mar 30, 2011
Does anyone know why the updates tab in App Store keeps showing apps I've already updated? Once I update the apps in question they should disappear from the update tab/screen. Minor issue but annoying.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Okay. Delete the apps on your phone. They should be in iTunes on your computer. Update them on your computer and sync them onto the phone.

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
I've noticed this on both my iPhone and my iPad. Since they are grouped by date, I think this is a feature so you can see what has been updated. That is if you have auto updating turned on like I do. So I put this in the "it's not a bug, it's a feature" category.

Sent using iCafe app

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
While I can't confirm it I, like GailLA, think it may be a feature to let you know what apps were recently updated. The app icons don't seem to hang around long in the "Updates" tab and disappear in a day or so.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
That list just shows you what apps need to be updated or what were recently update. It's just an update history grouped by dates. If it has open beside it, then it's already updated. If it has update beside it, then you can update to the latest version.

Jaccks

Bronze
Mar 30, 2011
In the previous operating system once you updated an app it disappeared from the update tab. Mine remain, if that's how it's supposed to be I'm ok with that but they aren't disappearing after a few days. Was just wondering if everyone else was experiencing same thing.

Sent using iCafe app

Dec 18, 2010
I have called Apple about this. They have started a ticket to address this problem. Another issue with apps is that if you enter a search query, u can't seem to delete it. I've x'd it out but it just comes back. Hopefully, they'll get both issues fixed soon. My list of updated apps is growing!

Sent using iCafe app

Last edited: