Updates on Deleted Apps

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brdmsd, May 2, 2012.

1. brdmsd

brdmsd Member
    Bronze

How do I prevent a deleted app from appearing on my update screen and appearing a number on the App Store icon?

2. owieh

owieh Contributor
    Bronze

Deleted apps should not be appearing on the Updates tab. Have you tried restarting your device?

3. Terry M.

Terry M. Contributor
    Silver

You know... I've always wondered that too and just never asked. Glad you did. And I have restarted my device.

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Is this on the phone or in iTunes?

5. Terry M.

Terry M. Contributor
    Silver

Mine is in iTunes. You know when you hook your phone up? Go to the apps tab. It'll show me tons of updates - a very good amount of apps that I deleted via my phone. I'd love to fix this if someone can tell me how.

6. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

When you delete them from your phone they aren't really deleted from iTunes. PITA, I know. What I've done is use the main apps list in iTunes and right click on the app and select delete from there.

Strange how it will delete from your phone, sync & all but not actually remove it from iTunes.

7. brdmsd

brdmsd Member
    Bronze

I'll try deleting from iTunes but I get the update appearing on my phone after I've deleted the app on the phone.

8. Terry M.

Terry M. Contributor
    Silver

I know this is gonna sound stupid, but I've done that numerous times in iTunes too and they just show back up the next time I hook my phone up. You can obviously imagine the list of apps I've got.