Updating iPhone 3GS to iOS 5

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by Ronnie Cochrane, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Ronnie Cochrane

Ronnie Cochrane New Member

hi i had the firmware 4.3.5 when i tried to download and update ios5 it crashed and now i don't have any op system when i try to redo ios5 keeps getting error -1 at the very end anyone help

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Have you updated to the latest version of iTunes? This can be downloaded here if you haven't already. You may find that you're receiving errors because Apple's servers are taking a hammering right now from people across the world all wanting to update their devices as well.

3. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Thread moved to the iOS Software section.

4. Ronnie Cochrane

Ronnie Cochrane New Member

everything is is updated just have to keep trying i think it was jailbroken on 4.1 he said and all features didn't work so im trying to update don't no if it will work but tried for 12 hrs

5. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

I would make sure everything is updated and download the firmware to your desktop. Go into DFU mode and OPTION+RESTORE and select the firmware on your desktop. Should work.

6. shugo

shugo Member
    Bronze

Is there a speed issue for 3GS running iOS5?

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using iCafe app

7. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

You know, I cant really answer that. The 3GS I am usnig as been dropped about 100 times. My daughter and my brother-in-law have both owned it and now me. The only reason I have it is because I handed down my iPhone 4 to my daughter while I wait for the 4S. Its not in the best of condition. It lags a little but it was like that before iOS5.

8. ronnie138

ronnie138 New Member

ive done downloading all firmwares 4.1 to 4.3.5 give me errors on all them i don't have a op system on iPhone i think its corrupt