Updating iPhone 3GS to iOS 5

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
hi i had the firmware 4.3.5 when i tried to download and update ios5 it crashed and now i don't have any op system when i try to redo ios5 keeps getting error -1 at the very end anyone help
Have you updated to the latest version of iTunes? This can be downloaded here if you haven't already. You may find that you're receiving errors because Apple's servers are taking a hammering right now from people across the world all wanting to update their devices as well.

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
I would make sure everything is updated and download the firmware to your desktop. Go into DFU mode and OPTION+RESTORE and select the firmware on your desktop. Should work.

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
You know, I cant really answer that. The 3GS I am usnig as been dropped about 100 times. My daughter and my brother-in-law have both owned it and now me. The only reason I have it is because I handed down my iPhone 4 to my daughter while I wait for the 4S. Its not in the best of condition. It lags a little but it was like that before iOS5.

ronnie138

Oct 13, 2011

ive done downloading all firmwares 4.1 to 4.3.5 give me errors on all them i don't have a op system on iPhone i think its corrupt