Updating iPhone!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 28, 2007
i think we all established the fact that there isn't gonna be a update and yes, you can update it with that computer but if its not your main computer it will sync with that computer(i think) and erase all your stuff...

tymphillips

Bronze
Aug 31, 2007
I was just wondering because I go to school all day and then work till midnight. Just wanted to get the latest update asap whenever it comes out! But looks like I'm going to be waiting till I get home. Thanks

Aug 28, 2007
I was just wondering because I go to school all day and then work till midnight. Just wanted to get the latest update asap whenever it comes out! But looks like I'm going to be waiting till I get home. Thanks

sure, just don't get all hyped up until there is a confirmed release. i think itll be on Sept 28, the ipod touch release date

tymphillips

Bronze
Aug 31, 2007
Sept. 28 is what I was thinking. You never know with Apple though. (iPhone price cut) But I just updated iTunes last night and it didn't erase my custom ringtones I added with iBrickr. Thank goodness!

Norwest

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
If I'm at work and Apple happens to release an iPhone update. Can I update using the iTunes on my computer at work?

Maybe ... or maybe not. Try to download or update iTunes at work and see what happens. Many IT departments will block it, it depends on where you work. I work for AT&T and it's blocked.

I had to download it at home and install it via a USB key at work to sync my work contacts and appointments that come in via email. Even though it runs fine for that use it will not even allow updating itself via the company network. It won't connect for those kinds of things and even trying to go to the iTunes main page via browser brings up the dreaded... "Warning: This is a blocked site" page.

Try it and see what happens.

kcarr91

Bronze
Apr 14, 2007
yes it will work i have done it one my work computer and no it will not erase all your stuff (as long as you click no when the box comes up asking something about erase and replace)

Norwest

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
the ipod touch is already in stores. although, i'm sure we get to wait until the 28th for our iPhones to get updated. and yeah we arent getting any new features outside of the wifi store.
So what are all of those new items in the setup screen for like TV output and the like?