Upgrade 1.1.3 Problems - Help Much Appreciated

Feb 5, 2008
My iPhone is as follows:

Modem Firmware - 04.02.13_G
Bootloader Version - 4.6_M3S2
iPhone Firmware - 1.1.3 Dev Team Jailbreak

I think my iPhone was 1.1.1 when I bought it however I unlocked/jailbroke it and was using it on 1.1.2 and had all third party apps working and everything was fine however I stupidly didn't resist/didn't look into the effects of upgrading to 1.1.3 and now my iPhone does the following:

- Freezes when trying to make call before eventually cancelling the call.
- The keyboard when making text messages freezes before catching up with what I have tried to type.
- Sound has gone.
- Everything loads slowly
- Its like being on a very laggy internet connection. when using iPhone generally.

According to my iPhone serial number it would have been made in the 43rd week.

The problems have only happened since I made the upgrade to 1.1.3 using the official development team upgrade.

I know I shouldnt have upgraded and am regretting it but need help!

Feb 5, 2008
I apologise for sounding frustrated however I have an iPhone as stated above that remains useless. It is acting sluggish which essentially prevents me from using it at all and I am kind of concerned that I may not be able to use it for a long time.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
how do you have BL 4.6 and a 43 week phone?

i have BL 3.9 and a 44 wk phone.

check again.

the fourth and fifth numbers of the serial.

(7T742.. or 87253..)

Feb 5, 2008
Thats exactly what confused me.

Because before I got the iPhone a couple of weeks ago I saw on HackThatPhone that the best way of checking if their method was okay and that you had a certain bootloader was to check your serial, and this is what I checked BEFORE i bought the iPhone.

Their method worked so one can only assume I have 3.9 because at that time I don't think anyone was cracking anything above week 45 (maybe wrong but couldnt find anything).

But since I upgraded to 1.1.3 I have seen tutorials telling me in order to check what version you download some program which I have done and that tells me 4.6, so I am half thinking of ignoring what it tells me and just accepting that its always been 3.9 and look for a tutorial to downgrade in that situation.

Im not stupid when it comes to computers but Im not an expert with the iPhone and its kind of frustrating me with so many threads on different sites and only a few select people who actually know what they are talking about and sound reliable.

If you could help that would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Yes 7T743 ... Checked this in more than one place...confusing eh? lol.

Feb 5, 2008
Yeah I did... I am assuming whilst updating to 1.1.3 it wouldn't update my BL? I think I will give it a go the worst that can happen is Ive lost my money! :(

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
no because I'm on 1.1.3 and it still says 3.9

but if it is impossible to downgrade it unless you are using a hw method then why would it be possible to upgrade it using only software?

Feb 5, 2008
Have no idea! lol.. Well I have just had a go at doing the HackThatPhone method for accidentally upgrading to 1.1.3 and it didn't work at the downgrading baseband stage so tryed again and this time I couldnt even go the *#307# call etc. It just says "needs repair" so now I am back to trying AGAIN!...So frustrating I just do not see any light at the end of the tunnel on this one.