Upgrade Availability

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SMELTN, Aug 7, 2012.

1. SMELTN

SMELTN Member
    Bronze

So I have 1 line that I have an upgrade available for right now, and another that wasn't suppose to be available till the end of the year, but I just checked my account and found that the line shows its available for an upgrade if I am getting an iPhone on 9/21 ? Coincidence or not?

upgrade.PNG

2. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

As a current iPhone owner, you will always be eligible for a discounted iPhone. I think its $100 or $200 bucks off the full price. At least thats how its been so far. Of course when your contract is up, you get the full discount.

3. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

are you saying they changed the upgrade date ?

4. SMELTN

SMELTN Member
    Bronze

I know that.. Been buying iPhones since the very first one on AT&T.. The point I was making was my upgrade being available on 9/21 which is the date that is rumored to be when the new iPhone 5 is coming out.

5. SMELTN

SMELTN Member
    Bronze

I think so yes.

6. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

Oh I see! I just checked and my eligibility is still not until 2013 on 2 of my lines and 10/21/12 for the other. Dang it!

7. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I got 1 line 10/3/12
    The other has been ready and the 3rd will be in may next year
    I ask about that line if they would get me an earlier upgrade if it's only 1 week
    The AT&T representative told me they move it up within the same month which be 10/1/12
    Well I see when we get there. I guess.

8. medenblik

medenblik Contributor
    Silver

I have 4 iPhones and 2 have upgrade eligibility but Me and my wifes iPhone 4s's aren't eligible until 5/2013. So I will be using the upgrade eligibility on my kids's 2 iPhones to get new ones for me and my wife's. Then the kids will get our 4s's.

I can't wait.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. SMELTN

SMELTN Member
    Bronze

Thats what we are doing.

10. leggz2di4

leggz2di4 Member
    Bronze

I think it just so happen to be a coincidence- I don't think they moved your date up. Anyway- that's fantastic, enjoy you new iPhone.

Sadly still rocking a blackberry...but for not much longer!
    Loving my iPad 2.

11. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

funny we have 3 lines
    I am always upgrading at release day
    son is 2nd and
    hubby is getting hand-me-downs
    I got the hotspot data plan
    son unlimited
    hubby lowest

12. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

I used my wife's upgrade last year so I could get the 4S and we just checked and we're both eligible for an upgrade right now! Looks like we'll both be sporting "The New iPhone" as I think it'll be called!

13. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

AT&T says hubby and I are both eligible for a discounted iPhone upgrade with a full discount on May 2013.

Um, do you think the dates will change again? I would like to have a full discount for whenever the new iPhone comes out. I wonder how they figure out who gets a full discount and who gets a partial. I purchased both iPhone with full discounts last October on release day. I really hope they change the date so I can get a full discount again. It would be awesome.

14. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Man someone had ask this here before and I believe Europa answered it.
    Something about main lines and stuff, Also just because you are upgradeable that means not your contract is finished the same time. I will look around and see if I find that post.

15. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

This is AT&T
    iPhone Upgrades
    The iPhone upgrade is available to qualifying customers. Upgrade eligibility varies with each customer; but in general, the longer the tenure in your service agreement, the more likely you are to be eligible for an upgrade.
    Visit iPhone to determine if you qualify for an upgrade. Current AT&T customers who are upgrading to iPhone will pay a $36 upgrade fee and new AT&T customers will pay the standard $36 activation fee.

16. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

imutter do you get a full discount - the lower price - or a discounted iPhone upgrade - probably $100 more than the lower price?

17. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Sharunda
    you will have to see actually when your contract runs out
    for example my 1st phone is upgradeable
    As a valued AT&T customer, you're eligible for a discounted iPhone upgrade at a reduced discount, along with a 2-
    year service commitment. You may qualify for a full discount on an iPhone upgrade on 5/07/2013
    but my contract is out October 7th 2013 my early termination fee on that is $225
    my 2nd line is
    As a valued AT&T customer, you're eligible for a discounted iPhone upgrade at a reduced discount, along with a 2-year service commitment. You may qualify for a full discount on an iPhone upgrade on 10/03/2012
    but the contract runs out on February 3rd and the eary termination fee is $145
    my 3rd line is done no contract 0 balance

So actually AT&T is scaming there a bid because some people are better off to pay the early termination fee
    Also you could get the phone unlocked and sell for more and make up the fee

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Thanks for this info. I just thought I could get a full discount this go around. I'm trying to save every penny, because I'm gettin this dag on new iPhone. Oh yesh I am! O_o

<<Spoiled by previous full discounts, expected the same again. :rolleyes:
    << Counting out more pennies and getting them in the rolls right now!

19. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Sharunda
    believe me I know how that goes
    I have not decided what I am going to do at all. I know I get the new phone and I promised my son he would before Christmas.

20. kaelinlei

kaelinlei Member
    Bronze

Being able to upgrade every year for a new iPhone is something that I definitely miss about AT&T. I don't think Verizon will ever consider helping out their customers like that. It's a big perk of being with AT&T!

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app