Upgrade date 11/18 However...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mickeylittle, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

As the title states my earliest upgrade date is 11/18 but AT&T has said I can do it on 11/01. Most of you will understand that I don't wanna wait for 17 more days! So I'm wondering if anyone has had success with this... We have the family plan and have 5 lines and our monthly bill averages over $250. Has anyone gotten a manager to make an exception with an account like mine?

If not what if I was to pay the $450 and then return/repurchase at the $199 price on 11/01.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yes, you can buy one now and then return it and buy another after you're fully eligible. I've heard you can only do this once per year, which would mean you wouldn't be able to return your second iPhone 4S if you changed your mind. I'm not 100% certain. Check with AT&T if you're concerned about that.

I had no success getting AT&T to adjust my date, but my bill is less than $100 per month.

3. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I pay $86 a month, single line. I was eligible on December the 29th so i called a week before the release of the phone and they told me they couldn't do anything. So I asked if a manager or anybody else could help me out i would appreciate it. manager called me on the 7th as promised. I bought the phone on the 8th. Waiting for my tracking number.
    It's possible.
    Call and be as nice as possible.

4. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

But then again. It's 17 more days, by then you can go in the store and get one, everything is backorder right now.

5. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

Thanks you 2. I'll go to AT&T and IF they have the one I want I will attempt to get it, if they don't then I'll just wait and wait and wait and continue to love the wonderful experience I enjoy so much with my Android phone.

Good times...

6. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Sounds wonderful LOL

7. Vonwachtstain

Vonwachtstain Member
    Bronze

Just wait those two weeks. There is really no reason to hurry. iPhone 4S looks exactly the same. And software tweaks are not enough to gravel to your service provider. Got to play with my wife's yesterday (she was eligible) and I am seriously disappointed. I know I should have not expect more but my iPhone 4 feels smoother than her 4S. It's your choice though.

8. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

He doesn't have a 4, so it doesn't matter to him.

9. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

what you mean smoother? Don't scare me lol

10. Vonwachtstain

Vonwachtstain Member
    Bronze

I missed that. In that case it's totally worth it upgrading from 3G or 3GS.

11. Vonwachtstain

Vonwachtstain Member
    Bronze

Maybe because it is beta iOS but it almost feels like it freezes for fraction of a second every time you swipe screens or open new app.

12. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

If you pay full price now, and then return it later to get the upgrade price, at AT&T there is. $35 restock fee.

13. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

well, iOS isn't a beta, Siri is, is that maybe what your talking about, I haven't heard anyone say anything about being slow or anything.
    I mean I believe you, I just think maybe there's something wrong with that particular phone. A restore might help, if not you might want to visit an Apple store near you if that's not too much of a hassle.

14. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

AT&T was out and said it would take about a month. Best Buy had 1 in stock, a black 32 and I wanted a 16 but was really leaning hard towards the 32 so I asked if I could get it and return/repurchase on 11/01 and they were a-ok with that so I'm very happy now!