Upgrade Eligibility for iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by EverythingApple, Sep 7, 2014.

1. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I'm in a 24-month plan with AT&T since December 2012. Am I still eligible for a full upgrade at 20 months, or has that changed? I'm not interested in AT&T Next or paying full price. Thanks!

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I would just dial *639# and see what it texts you with regarding an upgrade. :)

3. EverythingApple

Gold

It says I'm eligible for AT&T Next.

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I don't know much about that. I'm eligible for a full upgrade I believe it said. I'll have to check again. So are you not?

5. EverythingApple

Gold

Nope. See attached. ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1410145288.064841.jpg

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I'm now confused. I get that message too. Is that what they are changing to for all?

7. stlcheer

stlcheer Member
    Bronze

Try looking on Apple's website. It will give you an exact date that you're eligible for a full upgrade.

Sent using iCafe app

8. EverythingApple

Gold

Thanks. I'll try tomorrow from my Mac but I didn't see it when I accessed their website from my iPhone 5 today.

9. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

10. luislahud

luislahud Member
    Bronze

This is what I got
    Congratulations! This line is eligible for an AT&T NEXT installment plan upgrade. Or upgrade with a 2-year service agreement and a $40 upgrade fee.
    Go to att.com for device upgrade

Sent using iCafe app

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Keep in mind that we don't know the pricing structure for the iPhone 6 model(s) yet.

12. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I wonder if Apple will see a decline in sales for the older models (if prices remain the same) with the Next program considering there is only a $10 cost a month between the newest model and the oldest model they sell?

13. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I'm unsure about that, but I do know I have a buyer for my iPhone 5, but not until I can get my hands on the iPhone 6.

I'm going to contact AT&T tomorrow. I should have a full upgrade available by now, right? I used my mother's upgrade for the 5.

#13 MoneyMaker79, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  14. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

The NEXT plan will not stop the contract agreement. SO if you decide to switch a few month down the road you pay off the phone and an ETF if you still are on a contract. Next is not a contract it is a payment plan.

15. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Check the dates. If your dates fall after iPhone release, your best bet is to go to store and get it. They will not have a problem to move the dates forward within the same month.
    [​IMG]
    All my lines can be upgraded (with NEXT)
    Only 2 have an ended contract. The 3rd is ending on the 21st and the 4th May next year.

[​IMG]
    It will say here
    [​IMG]
    There is a fake phone on here before you ask. I had a OnePlus One which is not in the AT&T system so I had to fake a phone for the sim to work on LTE. I sold it and am ready to add the iPhone.

#15 imutter, Sep 8, 2014
  16. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Ugh I don't know if I even want to take the time. What stores do replacements anyways?

Also I got the iPhone 5 right when it came out which probably is also why I am not in that time frame.

#16 MoneyMaker79, Sep 8, 2014
  17. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Is selling your 5 the only way you can upgrade to the 6? If you can upgrade without selling, keep the 5 for back up. That's what I'm doing. But mine is only 1 year old. It was one of the last to be produced.

18. EverythingApple

Gold

But they used to offer early upgrades at 20 or 22 months into the contract. I can't recall which. If it's 22 months, than I have one more month to go.

19. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I can upgrade without selling but that's not something I usually do. I'll call at&T and see today. I just called and I'm not eligible for a full upgrade until 5/25/2015.

My mothers galaxy is available for upgrade but ugh that's sort of a hassle.

#19 MoneyMaker79, Sep 8, 2014
  20. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

It's not really that much of a hassle. I do that quite a bit. They can handle it over the phone or in an AT&T store.

Since both my wife and I upgraded last year, I am not eligible for a subsidized upgrade unless I pay the early upgrade fee. However, I can do the Next upgrade. Thinking about that. Then I can sell my 5s and put that towards the Next balance.