Upgrade Eligibility for iPhone 6

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I'm in a 24-month plan with AT&T since December 2012. Am I still eligible for a full upgrade at 20 months, or has that changed? I'm not interested in AT&T Next or paying full price. Thanks!

stlcheer

Bronze
Jun 10, 2010
Try looking on Apple's website. It will give you an exact date that you're eligible for a full upgrade.

Sent using iCafe app

luislahud

Bronze
Jan 10, 2009
This is what I got
Congratulations! This line is eligible for an AT&T NEXT installment plan upgrade. Or upgrade with a 2-year service agreement and a $40 upgrade fee.
Go to att.com for device upgrade

Sent using iCafe app

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I wonder if Apple will see a decline in sales for the older models (if prices remain the same) with the Next program considering there is only a $10 cost a month between the newest model and the oldest model they sell?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I wonder if Apple will see a decline in sales for the older models (if prices remain the same) with the Next program considering there is only a $10 cost a month between the newest model and the oldest model they sell?
I'm unsure about that, but I do know I have a buyer for my iPhone 5, but not until I can get my hands on the iPhone 6.

I'm going to contact AT&T tomorrow. I should have a full upgrade available by now, right? I used my mother's upgrade for the 5.

Last edited:

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I'm unsure about that, but I do know I have a buyer for my iPhone 5, but not until I can get my hands on the iPhone 6.

I'm going to contact AT&T tomorrow. I should have a full upgrade available by now, right? I used my mother's upgrade for the 5.
Check the dates. If your dates fall after iPhone release, your best bet is to go to store and get it. They will not have a problem to move the dates forward within the same month.

All my lines can be upgraded (with NEXT)
Only 2 have an ended contract. The 3rd is ending on the 21st and the 4th May next year.

It will say here

There is a fake phone on here before you ask. I had a OnePlus One which is not in the AT&T system so I had to fake a phone for the sim to work on LTE. I sold it and am ready to add the iPhone.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Check the dates. If your dates fall after iPhone release, your best bet is to go to store and get it. They will not have a problem to move the dates forward within the same month.
Ugh I don't know if I even want to take the time. What stores do replacements anyways?

Also I got the iPhone 5 right when it came out which probably is also why I am not in that time frame.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Ugh I don't know if I even want to take the time. What stores do replacements anyways?

Also I got the iPhone 5 right when it came out which probably is also why I am not in that time frame.
Is selling your 5 the only way you can upgrade to the 6? If you can upgrade without selling, keep the 5 for back up. That's what I'm doing. But mine is only 1 year old. It was one of the last to be produced.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey

But they used to offer early upgrades at 20 or 22 months into the contract. I can't recall which. If it's 22 months, than I have one more month to go.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Is selling your 5 the only way you can upgrade to the 6? If you can upgrade without selling, keep the 5 for back up. That's what I'm doing. But mine is only 1 year old. It was one of the last to be produced.
I can upgrade without selling but that's not something I usually do. I'll call at&T and see today. I just called and I'm not eligible for a full upgrade until 5/25/2015.

My mothers galaxy is available for upgrade but ugh that's sort of a hassle.

Last edited:

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
It's not really that much of a hassle. I do that quite a bit. They can handle it over the phone or in an AT&T store.

Since both my wife and I upgraded last year, I am not eligible for a subsidized upgrade unless I pay the early upgrade fee. However, I can do the Next upgrade. Thinking about that. Then I can sell my 5s and put that towards the Next balance.