Upgrade from 1.1.4 to 2.0? :)

Jan 12, 2009
Hi everyone, I'm new here so please go easy on me :sick:
I discovered an awesome theme at DA(http://bency.deviantart.com/art/StarCraft-II-iphone-Theme-108920089) and just had to fix it since
I'm an old Starcraft fan/nerd/YouNameIt. I found out that my iPhone version was too old for the application (winterboard) to be able to use it, and now. I've been searching for quite some time are an easy installer so i can upgrade it from 1.1.4 to above 2.0.

Could anyone help me out
? =3
What program did you use?

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I discovered an awesome theme at DA(http://bency.deviantart.com/art/StarCraft-II-iphone-Theme-108920089) and just had to fix it since
I'm an old Starcraft fan/nerd/YouNameIt. I found out that my iPhone version was too old for the application (winterboard) to be able to use it, and now. I've been searching for quite some time are an easy installer so i can upgrade it from 1.1.4 to above 2.0.

Could anyone help me out
? =3
Go for 2.2 and use the guides here!

ess_bee

Bronze
Dec 16, 2008
UK
is it possible to downgrade from 2.2 to 1.1.4?

Ive been reading up and firmware 1.1.4 seems to be the don of software! was 1.1.4 really that good? Im guessing there was plenty of downloads for it on cyd and installer?

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
is it possible to downgrade from 2.2 to 1.1.4?

Ive been reading up and firmware 1.1.4 seems to be the don of software! was 1.1.4 really that good? Im guessing there was plenty of downloads for it on cyd and installer?
Don't downgrade...I have used 1.1.4 on my V1 iPhone, and it wasn't that great! 1.1.1 rocked in the good old days, but now with AppStore etc., I wouldn't downgrade if I where you!

ess_bee

Bronze
Dec 16, 2008
UK
Don't downgrade...I have used 1.1.4 on my V1 iPhone, and it wasn't that great! 1.1.1 rocked in the good old days, but now with AppStore etc., I wouldn't downgrade if I where you!
Thanks for the heads up

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007

Could anyone help me out
? =3
woah, thats a pretty sweet theme! thanks. :cool:

Jan 12, 2009
After upgrading to 2.2 you need to re-jailbreak ...still follow these guide here on EIC ore the links I gave you! :)
Can i still update it from a jailbreaked 1.1.4 to the normal "un-jailbreaked" 2.2
or do i need to erm... "Factory reset"(?) it to 1.1.1 and then go to 2.2?

In other words, Un-jailbreak it, then "factory reset" it. Then go up to 2.2 and from there jailbreak it?

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Can i still update it from a jailbreaked 1.1.4 to the normal "un-jailbreaked" 2.2
or do i need to erm... "Factory reset"(?) it to 1.1.1 and then go to 2.2?

In other words, Un-jailbreak it, then "factory reset" it. Then go up to 2.2 and from there jailbreak it?
1. Update your iTunes...I guess you have done this ;)
2. Connect your iPhone, and hit "Restore" in iTunes for version 2.2
3. After that you just follow these guide and jailbreak your iPhone

Now you got 2.2 and you got to re-install all the JB applications again. You'll also have AppStore - I'm pretty sure you will use this one!

If you have any question about this - just ask! :)

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.

Now you got 2.2 and you got to re-install all the JB applications again. You'll also have AppStore - I'm pretty sure you will use this one!

Whoa. Just hit update. You may have to end up restoring anyway, but try to update first. That way you won't have to resync all of your media again. That will place you on a fresh 2.2 stock iPhone. from there decide if you want to jailbreak. I've jailbroken every single version since day 1. I'm running stock now. I just didn't use anything that was from jailbreaking. The appstore has pretty much killed any good apps from cydia/installer, imo.

Jan 12, 2009

Erm as i continue to update my iPhone to 2.2 and fixing some settings, some AT&T crap came up, where i needed to enter my phone number and crap. well the thing is that the iPhone is american, but i live in europe, and have a phone account from there. should i still write in the information for At&t?

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Erm as i continue to update my iPhone to 2.2 and fixing some settings, some AT&T crap came up, where i needed to enter my phone number and crap. well the thing is that the iPhone is american, but i live in europe, and have a phone account from there. should i still write in the information for At&t?
I'll guess you have to unlock + jailbreak your iPhone if you're not on AT&T account!? If you unlock your iPhone you can then use any SIM card from any country!

Jan 12, 2009
I'll guess you have to unlock + jailbreak your iPhone if you're not on AT&T account!? If you unlock your iPhone you can then use any SIM card from any country!
Ah, okey sure.. But as i've understood it.. there's no solution to unlock / jailbreak 2.2 yet, is that correct? (for pc that is)