Upgrade from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3 - Untethered Jailbreak

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bassreflex

Bronze
Jun 12, 2009
I am currently on 4.2.1 I would like to maintain an unteathred jailbreak.

I was just curious if anyone could give me details on moving to 4.3.3. I have never done an upgrade with to an 'older' version of IOS so i'm not sure of the steps and where to get the files I need.

Thanks in advance.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008

I was just curious if anyone could give me details on moving to 4.3.3. I have never done an upgrade with to an 'older' version of IOS so i'm not sure of the steps and where to get the files I need.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have your devices SHSH files for iOS 4.3.3?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008

Thanks in advance.

Do you have your devices SHSH files for iOS 4.3.3?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Do you have Tiny Umbrella? If you don't you will need to download the latest version of TU here.

Once you've got TU up and running, click on the advanced tab and make sure the set hosts to Cydia tab is selected. Run the TSS Server and shift restore to iOS 4.3.3 through iTunes. Anticipate an iTunes error, use the exit recovery feature of TU to boot your phone :)

Easy peasy lemon squeezy :)

bassreflex

Bronze
Jun 12, 2009
Thanks for the info. Didn't know it was that straight forward.

Will the method above erase any application settings? I'm assuming i will want to backup before hand, and then I can restore afterwards?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Thanks for the info. Didn't know it was that straight forward.

Will the method above erase any application settings? I'm assuming i will want to backup before hand, and then I can restore afterwards?
You could shift-update and re-jailbreak but I don't recommend doing that. If you're updating to a newer firmware and jailbreaking, I personally think it's better to do it with a clean fresh install of OS.

rubenc

Dec 8, 2011
Stuttgart, Germany
I am trying the same thing, but I don't have the devices SHSH files. TiniUmbrella tellsme that It is too late to fetch them because Apple is not signing them anymore.
Does This means that I am stuck with 4.2.1 Jailbreak forever?

What Options do I have? I would like to have a newer version with Jailbreak.
Thankyou.