Upgrade now, or wait for Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by bballrob, Sep 18, 2013.

1. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

So, for those keeping their current devices that are currently jail broken, are you upgrading now, or waiting for a new Jailbreak?

I have an iPhone 4S which I will be passing on to my daughter or selling on eBay after u get a gold 32GB 5s. I also have an iPad 2. While I like my JB tweaks, I'm leaning toward upgrading both devices to iOS 7 tonight.

What are you doing?

Sent using iCafe app

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It depends on what you are going to do with it. You could manually remove your data and sell it as a jailbroken phone. You'll get more for it than if it's stock. I'm keeping my iPhone 5 on 6.1 and jailbroken because I want one iOS device that's jailbroken. I'm getting a gold 32 GB 5S on Friday hopefully. I have a 4S that's on the beta, but I'll probably sell that soon.

3. iBanana

iBanana Member
    Silver

I mistakenly updated awhile back so I lost my jailbreak when that happened. If I were you I would wait it out. I miss my jailbreak!

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I am keeping my iPhone 5 jailbroken until a jailbreak program is released. If that's not for a while, then so be it.

Sent using iCafe app

5. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Ditto!

Sent Using iCafe App

6. {StatuSChecKa}

{StatuSChecKa} Contributor
    Silver

I am updating iTunes now. I decided to install iOS7 from scratch. I can appreciate iOS, and i'll appreciate the jailbreak tweaks even more when we finally get one.
    I have a family member that is getting a 5s and I want to be able to know the ins and outs so I can be her tech support.
    So long Evasi0n...we will meet soon.

7. iBanana

iBanana Member
    Silver

My mom is getting her first smart phone on Friday...we decided on the 5C for her and I need to know how to support her as she just started texting within the last year...

Ill be updating dad once I have a strong handle on this thing in the next few days.

8. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Can anyone tell me what the latest iOS Version that has a jailbreak available is? I have iOS 6.1.3 on my iPad 2.

9. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

iOS 6.1.2 is jailbreakable. I have been reading about 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 possibly being able to be jailbreakable untethered now, but usually I wait until the forum here starts talking about a jailbreak program until I do anything. Of course, I'll be waiting for the iOS 7 jailbreak program of course. :)

10. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

11. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I restored last night. So far I am enjoying iOS7, although I do miss a few tweaks like JellyLock and Bite SMS.

12. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I love both of those! BiteSMS is awesome! JellyLock I just love having it there, but I actually do not really use it unless I have a message or notification on one of the apps, then I will click it, enter lock password, and then app will open.

13. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot
    Gold

I use PDANet on the road all over the world on my 4S too much to be able to upgrade to ios7 at this time. Since this is a Sprint phone I also need it unlockable so I can use the various sim cards so I'm sticking to 6.1.2 for now. As soon as ios7 is JB'd and unlockable then I'll go out and buy a "new to me" iPhone 5 from someone and wait for next year's iPhone 6 or whatever they call it at that time.