Upgrade to 16GB

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
Hai,

I want to upgrade to a 16GB iPhone 3G, I currently have a 8GB.
Could I get some sort of discount or trade-in? I would sell mine but I doubt it would see on eBay right now :(

Thanks
Neo-Tech

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
why not just wait til after the new one comes out this summer? you could get the new iPhone or get the 16gb more than likely cheaper than right now.

and no i do not believe Apple will give you any type of discount.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Hai,

I want to upgrade to a 16GB iPhone 3G, I currently have a 8GB.
Could I get some sort of discount or trade-in? I would sell mine but I doubt it would see on eBay right now :(

Thanks
Neo-Tech
Why would you make any move right now? A new iPhone is on the way very soon and you might like it better than what's currently availible. 8GB's holds a lot of content if I were you I would just sync more often and wait to see what comes out. The only reason people need more space is because they do not know how to correctly manage (via playlist & syncing) the space they already have. Not being insulting just telling the truth. Mark

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
why not just wait til after the new one comes out this summer? you could get the new iPhone or get the 16gb more than likely cheaper than right now.

and no i do not believe Apple will give you any type of discount.
Because I have the jailbreaking options.

Why would you make any move right now? A new iPhone is on the way very soon and you might like it better than what's currently availible. 8GB's holds a lot of content if I were you I would just sync more often and wait to see what comes out. The only reason people need more space is because they do not know how to correctly manage (via playlist & syncing) the space they already have. Not being insulting just telling the truth. Mark
I've tried my best to get my content as exactly how I want it and it seems I need more space!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
The only reason people need more space is because they do not know how to correctly manage (via playlist & syncing) the space they already have. Mark
Mark,I am convinced that the large GB is an age thing. I have always had the 8gig and never considered anything larger. You are right, it is too easy to manage songs,pics, movies,ect. via iTunes. You can only listen to so many songs or watch so many movies at one given time. Want something else? Switch it around and you have new variety.
It seems that the younger set has a need to carry everything they own on the phone. Nothing wrong with that I guess, just don't see the point.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
Because I have the jailbreaking options.

I've tried my best to get my content as exactly how I want it and it seems I need more space!
what? you want to upgrade because you have jailbreaking options?

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
wat? you want to upgrade because you have jailbreaking options?
I think you totally misunderstood me.
The iPhone 3G will always be jailbreakable, not matter what. The new iPhone might not be for a long time! Just like the iPod Touch 2G.

Why not just Jailbreak the 8GB? I am so confused now. You can jailbreak the 8 & 16 GB not unless you are running 3.0 beta. Mark
I'm on about the new iPhone, not about jailbreaking.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about that. Unlocking might take a while or not happen, but not jailbreaking.

I'd be very surprised if the Dev team doesn't release QuickPWN and Pwnage Tool for 3.0 on the new phone within just a few days of the release.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
^exactly. the new iPhone will be jailbroke very quickly after its release

jabreal00

Feb 16, 2009
I agree with the playlists. I have an old 30gig iPod video where I have all 2700 of my songs. Honestly I may listen regularly to 100-150 songs. When I got the iPhone I chose the 8gig. I just synced the playlists I heavily listen to. So far no problems.

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about that. Unlocking might take a while or not happen, but not jailbreaking.

I'd be very surprised if the Dev team doesn't release QuickPWN and Pwnage Tool for 3.0 on the new phone within just a few days of the release.
Can you remember the iPod Touch 2G? Yes they were busy with yellowsn0w, even then if they weren't working on it, it would have been 3-4 months before a release.

^exactly. the new iPhone will be jailbroke very quickly after its release
Looks like I'll have to wait I guess.