Upgrade to 2.0 error

PhoenixLament

Bronze
Apr 26, 2008
I just tried upgrading my iPhone to 2.0 and it totally failed....during what i think was a recovery process, the phone stopped and iTunes said process failed. now my cell won't turn on. It's stuck at the Apple logo screen and then flashes to a screen with a picture of the charger wire pointed to iTunes.

info on phone:
bought in April-ish
jailbroken

>_> help?

TonyTHT

Bronze
Feb 6, 2008
Cheshire, UK
I just tried upgrading my iPhone to 2.0 and it totally failed....during what i think was a recovery process, the phone stopped and iTunes said process failed. now my cell won't turn on. It's stuck at the Apple logo screen and then flashes to a screen with a picture of the charger wire pointed to iTunes.

info on phone:
bought in April-ish
jailbroken

>_> help?
I had this exact same problem - couldn't upgrade or restore my phone, with the added bonus that it crashed my PC every time I tried ! I took my phone to the Apple store, where they loaded v2 OK. When I got home, I needed to re-sync, although iTunes decided to restore from a previous backup rather than start from scratch. This did work, however, I lost

* my stored SMS messages
* my saved emails - now giving me a user/password error
* weather app locations
* ringtone assignments (not the ringtones themselves)
* alarm clock settings
* all notes

I accept this may be caused by upgrading to v2 rather than any problem to do with the restore itself, and most of it I can sort out anyway.

Hope this helps,

T

steviep831

Bronze
Jan 15, 2008
I had an error too, plus it was taking for-frickin'-ever to backup the phone. It was a complete mess. After about 2 hours of the progress bar moving an inch I pulled the iPhone from the cradle. But the phone was not activated. A notification came up that I could activate and so I did and I got service back. I re-cradled and was able to get it to work. But like Tony, I lost all my text messages, all my songs other than the ones that I had purchased on iTunes, all my ringtone assignments, etc. etc.... Very upset. What's worse, is I've downloaded a couple apps and they seem to be a bit unstable... I can't get Super Monkey Ball to even load... it kicks me back to the home screen... So I still have issues here, not sure what to do. I hope you can get your phone working again.... I would try docking the phone again staring over if possible...

Mar 7, 2008
I had some of the same problems including my numbers, symbols and space bar when testing doesn't work..any solutions for this?