Upgrade to iOS 6.1.2

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Here's my problem: I have iP5 on 6.1 JB, With terrible battery performance. I would like to upgrade to 6.1.2 to see if it corrects the battery issue. And would like to do so before Apple releases 6.1.3, for obvious reasons. When I upgraded my iP4S to iOS 6.1, it went into DFU, and I had to restore as new and restore from backup. I am out of town and away from my computer and don't want to risk putting the iP5 into DFU and having to restore on someone else's computer, since I think it requires a re-sync.
Has anyone encountered a problem upgrading to 6.1.2 from a JB device?

Sent Using iCafe App

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Unfortunately iOS 6.1.2 does not focus on battery performance issues. Are you on LTE most of the time? LTE has been proven to cause a significant amount of battery drainage fast.

The Exchange Battery issue actually reduces battery life according to Apple.

About iOS 6.1.2 Software Update
Fixes an Exchange calendar bug that could result in increased network activity and reduced battery life.

Sent using iCafe app

JON35Y

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Unfortunately iOS 6.1.2 does not focus on battery performance issues. Are you on LTE most of the time? LTE has been proven to cause a significant amount of battery drainage fast.

Sent using iCafe app
It does if you use exchange, doesn't it? I've got to say since 6.1 and even when jail broken my battery has been loads better. Maybe a tweak you use is using the battery?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
It does if you use exchange, doesn't it? I've got to say since 6.1 and even when jail broken my battery has been loads better. Maybe a tweak you use is using the battery?
The Exchange Battery issue actually reduces battery life according to Apple.

About iOS 6.1.2 Software Update
Fixes an Exchange calendar bug that could result in increased network activity and reduced battery life.

For the OS, if you don't use Exchange, then it could be a tweak you have installed, or maybe a theme if its a video.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Here's my problem: I have iP5 on 6.1 JB, With terrible battery performance. I would like to upgrade to 6.1.2 to see if it corrects the battery issue. And would like to do so before Apple releases 6.1.3, for obvious reasons. When I upgraded my iP4S to iOS 6.1, it went into DFU, and I had to restore as new and restore from backup. I am out of town and away from my computer and don't want to risk putting the iP5 into DFU and having to restore on someone else's computer, since I think it requires a re-sync.
Has anyone encountered a problem upgrading to 6.1.2 from a JB device?
Moved to the iPhone Jailbreak forum.

You cannot update OTA on a jailbroken device, so you'll have to wait until you have computer access anyway. They removed the feature all together with evasi0n.

6.1.2 addresses a battery problem that is related to Exchange. It probably won't help you if you don't use Exchange, but it can't hurt to try. There is no rush to update to it now. If you save your 6.1.2 SHSH, you can update to it after 6.1.3 is released. It's probably already backed up in Cydia, but you can you can save it and email it to yourself from the phone itself with the iSHSH it Cydia app.