Upgraded to 2.0, apps seem to run slower

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
I upgraded my phone this morning and am noticing that some apps are running slower. Notes take about 5 seconds once I bring it up before I can start editing one and Contacts is taking about the same length of time before I can scroll through them. Is anyone else that upgraded today noticing any slowdowns in your original apps?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Mine seems the same to me..sometimes theres a little lag but not all the time.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
It may be because you might not have the final release. See what happens with the firmware tomorrow.

- John

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
It may be because you might not have the final release. See what happens with the firmware tomorrow.

- John
I'm going to leave mine as is. It seems almost exactly the same as before.

It just has occasional lag...but I still had that on 1.1.4.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA

- John
I thought about that. I'll do another upgrade or automatic restore tomorrow and see if that clears things up.

Atlas

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
Where are you seeing 2.0? I can't see it from iTunes. Are you doing the 2.0 beta?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I would suggest everybody that updated today update again tomorrow, just in case. There have been reports of the leaked firmware causing phones to go unresponsive.

- John

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I would suggest everybody that updated today update again tomorrow, just in case. There have been reports of the leaked firmware causing phones to go unresponsive.

- John
I haven't experienced any of those problems, but I'll definitely be checking for an update tomorrow.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
I haven't experienced any of those problems, but I'll definitely be checking for an update tomorrow.
I'm also wondering if, when the official 2.0 update is out, iTunes will actually let you update if you installed the beta today. If I click "Check for Update" in iTunes, it tells me that 2.0 is the current version.

I'm guessing that you may have to do a Restore and let iTunes download the official update and install it. But, how will we early upgraders know when the official update is out?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I'm also wondering if, when the official 2.0 update is out, iTunes will actually let you update if you installed the beta today. If I click "Check for Update" in iTunes, it tells me that 2.0 is the current version.

I'm guessing that you may have to do a Restore and let iTunes download the official update and install it. But, how will we early upgraders know when the official update is out?
IT might have a higher build number, so iTunes will recognize it as newer. It might be the very same file we're already running. Mine says 2.0 is the current version as well.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
So when the correct version has come out (which i think it might have since the app store link is now on iTunes), we just hold down option and click restore and choose the latest firmware? Then restore from backup and we should have our apps still? Could someone get this link when its available, i'm not sure where to find it

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
the 2.0 link everyone has is not the rigth version...apps running slow is one of the symptoms.

see here:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...2-0-firmware-that-has-been-found-early.27092/
Ahh! I was right (about the debug code anyway) :)

For us early adopters, clicking Check For Update in iTunes will not do the upgrade because it apparently is only looking at the major version number, not the build number because I get the message that I have the current version (2.0). Doing a (normal) Restore will cause iTunes to upgrade you to the official version. You shouldn't need to hold down the Option key and pick a file.

Last edited by a moderator:

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Ahh! I was right (about the debug code anyway) :)

For us early adopters, clicking Check For Update in iTunes will not do the upgrade because it apparently is only looking at the major version number, not the build number because I get the message that I have the current version (2.0). Doing a (normal) Restore will cause iTunes to upgrade you to the official version. You shouldn't need to hold down the Option key and pick a file.
Alright i'm doing this down, but any confirmation that this is infact true?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Alright i'm doing this down, but any confirmation that this is infact true?
You'll have to download the iTunes release version today and manually update by using Shift + Check for Updates. It works fine. Then you'll have the same version everyone else that waited to get 2.0 today will have. You might want to wait until tomorrow though to avoid the slammed Apple activation servers.