Upgraded to iOS 5; now missing podcast icon

Oct 13, 2011
I upgraded my iPhone 4 to ios 5 last night. Some apps were automatically added, but the podcast icon is missing. I tried syncing again, but it didn't make a difference. Any ideas how to get it back? Thanks.

Oct 13, 2011
I didn't realize I had downloaded that. I thought it just came as one of the defaults. Not to be an idiot, but how do I find the podcast app? It was just the basic one that came with the phone.

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
I'm not sure what podcast app you had, but just go to the app store on your phone and type in podcast and a few different ones show up, see what looks familiar. I've had every iPhone and have never had a stock podcast app

Oct 13, 2011
So, I guess I created the Podcast icon from my Music directory, but I can't figure out how I did that :(. There's no plus sign since it's not in Safari. Any idea how to do that?

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
You'll find podcasts "listed" under Music in the category Other. I just installed iOS 5 on my aging 3Gs & had to search for it as well. Previously, I'd placed the "iPod" icon on my dock to more quickly access my podcasts.
YMMV

Any impatience you show will only create more stress.

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
click on More ... it there. If you hit the "edit" button in the more option you then can move it to the main bar.

Personally I don't use the podcast in the iTunes. I like the app instacast. I would recommend checking it out if you like to listen to podcasts a lot.

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
Oh that's easy, Just put your finger on the icon- when it starts to wiggle just drag it and drop it on whatever page you want and then press the home button to make the icons stop wiggling . If you want on the homepage stock toolbar at the bottom, you need to move one out before you put the iPod icon in there.

Oct 13, 2011
OK. I did know that, but I didn't realize that it will stay on whatever library I last had it on. So...since I only listen to podcasts, it just stays there rather than going back to the master list or whatever it's called. I'm sorry to have been so dense and to have taken up so much of everyone's time. Thanks very much for you patience.