Upgrading a 1.0.1 phone....?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ganari

Aug 16, 2007
i have a 1.0.1 iPhone... i never updated it since than. Was just to lazy lol. But i was wondering if i can just upgrade my 1.0.1 to 1.1.1. and than jailbreak it through wifi. Is this possible? or wouldi have to upgrade to 1.1.2 than downgrade to 1.1.1? instructions or a link would be much appreciated.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
i have a 1.0.1 iPhone... i never updated it since than. Was just to lazy lol. But i was wondering if i can just upgrade my 1.0.1 to 1.1.1. and than jailbreak it through wifi. Is this possible? or wouldi have to upgrade to 1.1.2 than downgrade to 1.1.1? instructions or a link would be much appreciated.
Yes it is possible to upgrade straight to v1.1.1 from v1.01

Are you SIM UNLOCKED? If so then you MUST virginized the baseband first.

1) You need to get the phone into Restore Mode and make sure it's plugged in and iTunes is open.

2) Hit Restore (While holding SHIFT on Windows or ALT or Mac) while hitting restore.

3) This will then allow you to choose the firmware file you wish to use to upgrade

4) Select the v1.1.1 firmware you have downloaded HERE

5) Let the phone update and then you will receive an error at the end. You must then use either (AppTapp on Windows or iNdependence on Mac) and this will bring the phone back into normal boot.

6) Activation and Jailbreak via the jailbreak me method (guide around here somewhere)