upgrading to 1.1.1 helllllp!

x4x5x1x

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
Wyandotte Mi
www.myspace.com
ok i have revirginzed and now i need to update...but im stuck. since the 1.1.2 has come out i cant have iTunes auto update. i know if you option click on restore it allows you to choose the restore file to use. thats my problem, ive downloaded the 1.1.1 files but don't know which one to click. i assume its the one labeled restore.plst. please let me know id like to finally update. thanks in advance!

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
why didn't you stick with 1.0.2? If it ain't broke don't fix it! I'm still on 1.0.2 and I love it... got the new Gameboy emulator yesterday and I'm lovin' it! I'll never upgrade my firmware no matter what... I'm staying on 1.0.2 for the life of this phone.

sixkilla22

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Perth Amboy NJ
why didn't you stick with 1.0.2? If it ain't broke don't fix it! I'm still on 1.0.2 and I love it... got the new Gameboy emulator yesterday and I'm lovin' it! I'll never upgrade my firmware no matter what... I'm staying on 1.0.2 for the life of this phone.
I was thinking about doing the same thing.

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
The only problem with that is that when the SDK comes out you will probably need a firmware update to utilize it. This is just a guess but anyway.

My phone atm is running 1.1.2 with nes/GBA, and everything else i had on 1.0.2/1.1.1.

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
How do you update from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1? I actually am curious, as I don't have any clue. I wanted to stay on 1.0.2 but just for my own knowledge how do you do it?

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Download the firmware 1.1.1 and save it to your desktop...

connect to iTunes shift + click UPDATE and navigate to the file you just saved on your desktop

UPDATE.... done.... now goto jailbreakme.com and install the Jailbreak

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Thanks, I am a little new to OSX as I haven't had it since 2003 on my old powerbook, I recently turned me HP into and HP-intosh and I just couldn't figure out what the heck was going on, trying to use iFuntastic and all these other methods. I am gonna stick with 1.0.2 as everyone recommnds that, but I appriciate the instructions all the same!

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Thanks, I am a little new to OSX as I haven't had it since 2003 on my old powerbook, I recently turned me HP into and HP-intosh and I just couldn't figure out what the heck was going on, trying to use iFuntastic and all these other methods. I am gonna stick with 1.0.2 as everyone recommnds that, but I appriciate the instructions all the same!
Well that was for windows I don't have a mac LOL

x4x5x1x

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
Wyandotte Mi
www.myspace.com
lol ok so i ended up updating to 1.1.2 not what i wanted to do! i tryed using the 1.1.1 file i had downloaded but it just took me to the yellow triangle thing. soo i didn't know how to get rid of that so i ended up restoring and updating =[

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
lol ok so i ended up updating to 1.1.2 not what i wanted to do! i tryed using the 1.1.1 file i had downloaded but it just took me to the yellow triangle thing. soo i didn't know how to get rid of that so i ended up restoring and updating =[
you can try what i did here...going back to 1.1.1 and jailbreaking and installing Oktoprep and going back to 1.1.2 and Jailbreaking again(runon LOL)
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/epic-1-1-2-story.14945/

Last edited by a moderator:

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
where did u get the gameboy emulator and how did u install it