Upgrading to a 3G iPad - my WiFi 16GB iPad is available

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ssyates, Jul 24, 2010.

1. ssyates

ssyates New Member

I'm selling my Apple iPad WIFI 16GB, as I'm upgrading to a 3G version. It has no issues what-so-ever and it is in almost new condition (no marks, dings, scratches, etc) and comes in its original box. Asking $525 plus $20 shipping.

I will not ship this iPad outside of the United States.

I'm also including the SGP Premium Protective Cover Skin. Do a Google Search on "SGP Premium Protective Cover Skin" for information on it.

Quick Shipment! I will ship as soon as the item is purchased; on the same day, if purchased by early afternoon.

Local pickup is welcome (to save shipping costs and get this iPad a little sooner), but I will ship within the USA. I am located in Virginia, about 70 miles from Washington, DC.

Email me at ipad at rayzel dot com or post a response on the FORUM if you have any questions.

This iPad is also listed on eBay - Item Id: 2200500401017.

2. jsntrenkler

jsntrenkler Zealot
    Silver

3. David Chu

David Chu New Member
    Bronze

Post removed: Misread.

4. ssyates

ssyates New Member

I have already had several $500 offers and I expect I will get the price I am looking for shortly.

I don't do businesss on CRAIGSLIST or similar venues, mainly because if the buyer or seller misrepresents something, there is little to no recourse. If the buyer presents a bad check, the seller is stuck with bank fees for depositing a check with insufficient funds, and who's to know if the buyer is selling stolen merchandise. If you buy from me on eBay and use PayPal to pay for the purchase and I default, you are protected

I have been buying and selling on eBay for 12+ years, and am proud of my perfect 5-Star feedback, and am willing to endure their fees to present what I have to honest buyers.

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate the time you took to let me know my price, to some, may be a bit high.

Have a fun weekend,

Sam...

5. volfever

volfever New Member

I thought you could get them at Best Buy for $499.

6. David Chu

David Chu New Member
    Bronze

You can. Well, $525 with tax, at least in Maine. So NEW for $525 as opposed to used for $525 with $20 shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

7. jsntrenkler

jsntrenkler Zealot
    Silver

Yep, too much money.

8. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

You can find them at Best Buy if you're lucky...they are still hard to come by. He's got a shot.

As far as Craigslist is concerned, only accept cash! I would MUCH rather do Craigslist than do Ebay...I can save on fees and I have cash in hand. Meet in public areas and you're golden. I have been selling on Craigs for two or three years now with NO regrets. Even bought my refrigerator on Craigs...$1200 refrigerator, six months old for $600 because they had to move for a job. LOVE the refrig!

Good luck, though...

9. ssyates

ssyates New Member

;)Well, I must have done something right because the iPad has been sold at my asking price, and the money is now in my Bank Account. I did manage to fend off a Nigerian scammer who tried to "buy" my iPad, but that is now history.

By the way, around here, there are no NEW iPads available at any of the retail outlets, including the Apple Stores. In Virginia, one can purchase a new iPad such as I had for $523.25 (includes VA. State Tax) with free shipping. All you need besides a credit/debit card is a bit of patience. It takes more than 3 calendar weeks from order to delivery.

Cheers...its almost Monday. I am glad I am retired;).

10. ssyates

ssyates New Member

I also posted on Craigslist after reading some of the responses to my original post. The only interest was from a buyer who said he was from the western reaches of Virginia, but was presently in Canada and wanted to buy the iPad, pay with PayPal and he would take care of the shipping.

A couple of hours later, after I had already sold it on eBay, I got an email from an email address that purported to be PayPal requesting my banking information to deposit his funds into. It is interesting that they buyer's shipping address was in Nigeria. So much for Craigslist....? Maybe I will give them another chance when I go to buy a Sprint HTC EVO 4G phone ..:D