Upgrading to Beta 4?

Rkilbane20

Bronze
May 5, 2008
Ohio
When Apple releases Beta 4 how would i update this? Im on a Dev list and Beta 3 is my first try at 3.0 Will it work to just hit the update button or will I have to torrent it again and do another restore?

koolhand79

Bronze
Oct 6, 2007
KILLA CALI
yes youre gonna have to either use a torrent or have the person who signed u up on their Dev account get it to u. either way it shouldnt be a prob...... the torrents go up very fast and u can get them easily with a little help from google.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
You can either choose to restore and update by holding (on a Mac) option and clicking restore or just choose to update by holding control and hitting check for updates. You then just update as you did to go form 2.2.x to 3.0 beta 3.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I think he's just speculating and wondering what he will need to do when and if there is a beta 4 release.

Classified

Bronze
Apr 2, 2009
I know the official release is scheduled for this summer but being unfamiliar with Apple operations, I'm curious if it will come out early summer or later. It seems as if the betas are rolling out fast which seems good. I know no one knows the official release dAte but I am curious to see to speculation and reports as to how well the the progress is. Coming along. I am new to the iPhone and to me some of the new feAtures should have been out a long time ago. Not trying to fling poo, just getting anxious LOL.

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
I was hoping for an early summer release but I could see Apple waiting...

I think Apple will release it when the new phone (if there is one). HOWEVER, if the Pre is released soon, I could see Apple trying to bump up the software release to keep people from switching since the iPhone now has most of the stuff the Pre has.