Upgrading to iPhone 3GS?

pooheman

Jun 24, 2009
I manage a company in which we have 4 phones on our plan. 3 are available for upgrade mine is not because I just purchased the 16gb 3g two months ago. I would like to upgrade one of the other phones to the 3gs , but then switch that phone to my account while leaving them with a non iPhone. They are in maintenance and use durable flip phones , Is this possible. ATT is saying they have to tell me they cannot do it. How des the imei play into this and will I need a new sim card etc? Please help i don't want to wait two years for the 3gs.

Deke736

Bronze
Jul 24, 2008
Near St. Louis, MO
You should be able to do it without any problems, but you will end up with 2 iPhones on the account with the required data package. For some this extra $30 per month ($45 for the enterprise data) is a dealbreaker, for others it's no big deal. The new phone will come with a new SIM that will work just fine in your current 3G. Just swap out your existing 3G SIM to the 3GS and you will be good to go.

After you swap the SIM you should sell the 3G on ebay, they're going for $300-$400. I just sold mine today for a "Buy It Now' of $320, which was probably too low but it paid for my 3GS.

pooheman

Jun 24, 2009
You should be able to do it without any problems, but you will end up with 2 iPhones on the account with the required data package. For some this extra $30 per month ($45 for the enterprise data) is a dealbreaker, for others it's no big deal. The new phone will come with a new SIM that will work just fine in your current 3G. Just swap out your existing 3G SIM to the 3GS and you will be good to go.

After you swap the SIM you should sell the 3G on ebay, they're going for $300-$400. I just sold mine today for a "Buy It Now' of $320, which was probably too low but it paid for my 3GS.

but will i be able to cancel the plan after a month or so...or do i have to keep both plans and packages the whole time