Upgrading, will my contacts and notes be lost?

Avelek

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
I'm sure this is getting repetitive, but bear with me please. After all I did pay $400 for this and the last thing I want to do is brick it. I'm currently running the 1.1.3 firmware jailbroken through ZiPhone. I'm looking to upgrade to 2.0 since it looks like even the free apps and the upgrades to the wifi interface outweigh the jailbroken apps right now. Plus I'm sure the jailbreak for 2.0 will be out in no time.

My plan was to restore my phone to original settings, then go from there. Clean the slate completely before upgrading. I know I'll lose the pics so those are backed up, but how can I be sure that my numbers are synced with iTunes? Also, are my notes safe or can I back them up somehow?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Are you already with AT&T? If not, without a jailbreak/unlocking solution out yet, upgrading your iPhone to the 2.0 firmware will re-lock it to AT&T and require activation and agreeing to a 2-year contract as soon as the upgrade is done...

Avelek

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
Are you already with AT&T? If not, without a jailbreak/unlocking solution out yet, upgrading your iPhone to the 2.0 firmware will re-lock it to AT&T and require activation and agreeing to a 2-year contract as soon as the upgrade is done...
It's not unlocked, just jailbroken. I think I figured it out. I just wanted to confirm that I didn't lose my contacts. Anything else I can live without.

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
I'm pretty sure every time I've restored it has asked me if I wanted to do a backup. Just make sure that in iTunes that everything that you want to sync/keep is checked.