Upload photos from iPhone 3G to PC, vice versa

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
HOW TO?->Upload Photos from iPhone3G to PC - vice versa

Hello All,

Been searching around google and this forum in the iPhone Section and 3G.

Can't seem to find a method to upload photos from the iPhone to a PC or from the PC to the iPhone - (PC-> iPhone for 1 photo not a complete album).
I know you can e-mail, but i really don't want to, i prefer a click and drag or through some other method.

I read somewhere else, that the iPhone should be connected as a camera aswell, but my computer doesn't have it under the camera/printer/scanner section for some reason.

If theres a thread i've missed, please send me there and delete this thread :)

Thanks for your help.

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Please, someone help. Is it really that hard? Or is it such a stupid question people don't even bother?

theevilone

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
do not have 3g yet. but with 2g you just check the boxes on iTunes under photos and it is taken care of, or go to tansee.com and for $20 you can download software. tansee is very good and easy.

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
fair enough, never though it would be that difficult and require an extra program to take photos from it :S

theevilone

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
google iPhone browser, just checked it out should be free.

theevilone

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
look at the options on iTunes drop down menu under photos.

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
yeah, i checked the photos tab on my iPhone tab. Its just that syncing stuff.

Also, the iPhonebrowser program doesn't work, downloaded, installed but crashes before it opens.

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Am i suppose to have a photos section on the left hand column under my devices - iPhone... it has music, movies, tv shows, pod cast and ringtones.

theevilone

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
click on your iPhone name, you will see summary, info and so on across the top 5th spot photos check the box to sync, then pick what you want to do from the drop down menu. you can pick files on your computer or sync pix off of your phone.

iPhone browser works for me. redownload, you have to plug in your phone and unplug it and plug it back in. maybe only works with jail broken not sure. does not say on the info.

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Did what you said, only can get the photos from my pc to iPhone.
What about photos i've taken on the iPhone.

theevilone

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
can not remember I have been useing iPhone browser and tansee so long for that. there is a way in the syncing. when the warning that your photos will be replaced it may put them in the photo folder on your computer. take test shots and play around with the iTunes sync. and see what happens.

hellspawn2

Bronze
Feb 4, 2008
C-bus
Hello All,

Been searching around google and this forum in the iPhone Section and 3G.

Can't seem to find a method to upload photos from the iPhone to a PC or from the PC to the iPhone - (PC-> iPhone for 1 photo not a complete album).
I know you can e-mail, but i really don't want to, i prefer a click and drag or through some other method.

I read somewhere else, that the iPhone should be connected as a camera aswell, but my computer doesn't have it under the camera/printer/scanner section for some reason.

If theres a thread i've missed, please send me there and delete this thread :)

Thanks for your help.
Here try this. Its 20 bucks but im sure you could find the serial key out there ;)

http://www.tansee.com/

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I was able to open my iPhone like it was a drive. I'm using a PC with WinXP. My PC recognizes it as a camera. I was able to transfer pictures from the iPhone easily.

I also have AirMe which automatically uploads photos straight to my Flickr account with GPS info and a weather tag.

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Yep, finally got the PC to recognize it as a camera.
Then i just dragged photos out.

But i can't put photos on that easy. I gota create a file just for iPhone photos and sync it.
Also, folders don't work :(
What a shame. I want different photo types in different photos.