Uploading picture to email iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Jbrandes, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Jbrandes

Jbrandes New Member

I was sending an email today and uploaded a photo from my camera roll. When I sent it I noticed that the picture looked like I took a screenshot of it off my phone instead of displaying what it looked like in my camera roll. On the email it showed little thumbnail images of my other photos around it and had the time and my battery life and signal and everything. But in the photo it's just my picture. How did that happen? I sent it again to myself a couple times and it showed what it was supposed to just the picture. But the first time I sent it to the receiver it had a screenshot view. Any suggestions????

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

When you select a photo from the camera roll, you will see a brief animation as it's "placed into" the e-mail. The animation varies according to which version of iOS you're using. As you're composing the e-mail, you still have your status bar visible to you, but what gets sent is a clean copy of the photo, only (and any text you might include with the photo).

I believe the "little thumbnail images of my other photos around it" which you mentioned is just the screen that helps you select which photo(s) you want to e-mail.

Please let me know if this doesn't answer your question.

3. Jbrandes

Jbrandes New Member

No when I selected the photo and emailed it to my other email. I opened it in the other email an it still had the thumbnails and battery bar and signal in the picture. And the one in my photos wasn't a screenshot and the one it sent appeared to be a screenshot image? I've never seen this before. It showed the pictures in my came roll as well in the picture. Just the ones next to the picture I was attending on sending

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

So if you go back to "this" e-mail address and look in its Sent folder, is it shown there with thumbnails, battery bar, signal strength, etc.? If so, then I can only conclude that you accidentally took a screenshot while you were preparing to e-mail the photo.

5. Jbrandes

Jbrandes New Member

Yes in the sent folder it shows it like that with the thumbnails etc. but when I go back to my camera roll that photo is no where to be found? And I looked at my other photos on the thumbnails to ensure I had the right photo and it shows identical to my Camera roll except the one in my camera roll isn't a screen shot looking image and the one on the sent folder is. Creepy. I was wondering if this sort of thing happens a lot or very unheard of

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Is it possible you also had a screenshot in the camera roll, then tapped it by mistake? I've done that before.

7. Jbrandes

Jbrandes New Member

Well I looked where that photo was positioned by the thumbnails on the other photo in the email. And no there was no screenshot to be found. Trust me I was wanting to blame this on me. But I can't come up with an explanation.

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

How was it added to the email? There's at least 3 ways.

9. Jbrandes

Jbrandes New Member

I was in the camera roll. Clicked the image and then hit the button in the left bottom corner and hit mail

10. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Have you tested it since it did that way? Does it continue to do so? Have you tried posting the photo to email from on the email? Press the text field for the option bar. Tap the arrow at the far right. Then tap "insert photo".