Upsidedown photo

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bennyboy, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Last night I took few pictures for my sisters birthday and after I was done I sent it to her email account, once she open the file all the picture were upside-down. I just wanna know if it's an iPhone issue if anybody as ever had this problem and how to I fix it if it's on my side. All the pictures were taking in landscape mode.

2. nepali

nepali Member
    Bronze

To ensure right-side up pictures, always make sure your home button is on the right when taking pictures.

3. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

That's what I thought it was on the left but I wasn't sure it was that thank you ;-)

4. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Actually I just took 2 pictures both ways and they came out correct both in my Album and when I emailed them.

5. nepali

nepali Member
    Bronze

Not the case with me! :) They look ok on the phone itself but upside down once I email them.

6. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

In my album they look right it's when I emailed them that I had the pictures upside-down and I noticed that I had the home button on the left when I took the pics so I thought that's what it was but wasn't sure. LON is yours an iPhone4?

7. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Yes iPhone 4. Though I didn't open email on PC. I know if I take movies in portrait Windows Media Player shows them 90° off while Quick Time will adjust them.

8. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

She used her pc to open the pictures I'll try again tonight on my Mac never had problems before although I never email my pictures to my self I just sync them through iTunes and never had problems there

9. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

I just opened photos on PC. Home Button on right, OK. Home Button on left, upside down in Windows Photo Viewer!

10. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

The good news is the Windows Viewer has a "Rotate" option. lol

11. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

That's a little odd isn't it? It's funny that's what I thought right away ( iPhone vs pc that's the problem ) I'm glad I'm not the only one I just looked stupid cause I wanted to take the pictures only to be laughed at 5 minutes later haha thanks for the help guys

12. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

yes that's what i told them it's not my fault rotate the damn thing it's your stupid pc hahaha

13. Rip

Rip Member
    Silver

I find it to be a bit random. I thought the accelerometer/giro would sort it all out, but apparently not.

14. mrougeux

mrougeux New Member

I've found that if you take photos with Camera+ and save to Camera Roll, it solves the problem.

It takes a couple seconds on a 4S to save a photo, I imagine Camera+ rotates the photo according to the EXIF data instead of solely relying upon it.