URGENT HELP NEEDED... plzzzzzzzz

Sep 7, 2007
Hey guys, I need some really good help on this one... I am planning to take on the EDGE plan to check my mails on the iPhone. As edge is not very popular in the place where I come from I don't know much about it. All I want to know is whether I can have a service like gtalk on the iPhone which notifies me the moment I get a mail in my inbox? also, are there any instant messengers for the iPhone? Sorry if this sounds noob like, but I really am one when it comes to mobile internet

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
EDGE is an Internet plan from AT&T. You will have to pay 'em $20 per month to get unlimited access.

You can setup Gmail account on iPhone using the email app. You have the option of checking for email every 15, 30 & 60 mins.

There isn't any native applications of chat on iPhone; however, you can use several online app for the same.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
You also have the option of setting it for manual email check only....which helps prolong battery life.
Yeah but that dude wanted to know if he could be notified once he receives an email. Hence that answer.