Urgent help please

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

stevepenk

Nov 24, 2007
My friend has just bought an iPhone unlocked. On the box it has clear instructions saying

WARNING

Upgrading or restoring the firmware on the phone will LOCK THE PHONE AGAIN and you will not be able to use the phone anymore. If you use itumes be careful not to allow it to upgrade firmware even if it recommends upgrading, or restore the phones firmware. iTunes 7.3 is the recommended version to use with teh iPhone. Higher versions may also unlock the phone.

Now he has done what it says he shouldnt do and upgraded the iTunes firmware and now the phone says

INCORRECT SIM
Insert an unlocked and valid SIM to activate phone

Then at the bottom it says SLIDE for Emergency

It will not allow him to do anything at all. I have it now with a hope i can repair it for him. Does anyone have any ideas please.

Many thanks
Steve

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
My friend has just bought an iPhone unlocked. On the box it has clear instructions saying

WARNING

Upgrading or restoring the firmware on the phone will LOCK THE PHONE AGAIN and you will not be able to use the phone anymore. If you use itumes be careful not to allow it to upgrade firmware even if it recommends upgrading, or restore the phones firmware. iTunes 7.3 is the recommended version to use with teh iPhone. Higher versions may also unlock the phone.

Now he has done what it says he shouldnt do and upgraded the iTunes firmware and now the phone says

INCORRECT SIM
Insert an unlocked and valid SIM to activate phone

Then at the bottom it says SLIDE for Emergency

It will not allow him to do anything at all. I have it now with a hope i can repair it for him. Does anyone have any ideas please.

Many thanks
Steve
Sorry to say but your buddy is screwed just like I am. My phone was unlocked after I mistakenly installed the unlock software. I did the update accidentally and my phone says the same thing. Apple store's can't fix it and neither can the Apple support. I'm sure that if sent your phone in they could, but you wouldn't get your phone back. I have searched all over and so far nobody has been able to tell me how to fix this. The tech guy on the phone didn't imply to me that I was screwed after I said that this phone is basically useless, so I am sure there is a way to get the phone working. But who knows how to?

iPimp

Bronze
Nov 12, 2007
Wow,not to be a ass but how the hell does one do this ?

I do remember a local guy on craigslist that claims he can undo this or any other problem w/ iPhones....

Let me find his info and you can ask him.

You guys gotta stop multitasking ....:p

EDIT : #1

Here we go,he claims even bricked / bad imei can be fixed and he says he would come to me if I gave him extra $10 for gas as he is like 30 miles away from me or you can send right to him if you want.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ele/473859718.html

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
Wow,not to be a ass but how the hell does one do this ?

I do remember a local guy on craigslist that claims he can undo this or any other problem w/ iPhones....

Let me find his info and you can ask him.

You guys gotta stop multitasking ....:p

EDIT : #1

Here we go,he claims even bricked / bad imei can be fixed and he says he would come to me if I gave him extra $10 for gas as he is like 30 miles away from me or you can send right to him if you want.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ele/473859718.html
Hmmm..maybe I'll give him a call.

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
why don't you try using the search feature here before you call some numbnut stranger to your house..?
Well, I wouldn't invite someone to my house to do it for me! LOL. I have searched for quite a few hours and could not come up with anything...I am still searching.

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
No offense, but I was looking a bit beyond your immediate situation :laugh2:

Sorry that had to happen to you...
non taken. Its cool. I just want to fix and sell the phone or just sell it to somebody that will be able to fix it and use it or re-sell it. Doesn't make a difference to me.:laugh2: