Urgent Help Please!

paulomb

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Monterrey, MX
Hello
I tried to unlock a new OOTB 1.1.3 (16GB) with ZiPhone 2.4 method, after waiting like 10 minutes in the cmd (altough it said to wait only 4...) i decided to disconnect it and restart (the screen was almost black).

I powered up again and I got the Apple logo followed by screens os script and then it only repeats this line:

BSD ROOT: md0, major 2, minor 0

nothing more, tried to restart it and does the same damm thing,

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME? at least to get tot he DFU mode so I can restore via iTunes?

THANKS!

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Try doing a full restore via iTunes. If that does not work then update us again.

Edit: is iTunes not recognizing the phone?

paulomb

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Monterrey, MX
Holding down both the home button and the sleep/wake button for 10-15 seconds does not work?
yes, it restarts, but again, Apple logo then scripts and then the same message.

I noticed that when I unplugg it a message says that the USB cord ir unplugged, then I plug it again and says it is plugged (all this in the phone's screen) but after that says:

startipodstack cant start! need configuration

then again

BSD root: md0, major2, minor 0

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
press and hold home and sleep until Apple logo shows again, and then release sleep, keep home held down.

after a bit, iTunes will recognize it.

restore to a fresh 1.1.3, and IM me over AIM so I can walk you throgh the process

Aim sn - thenewmrbobefore4

iPaRKeR

Feb 22, 2008
wow good job the man of the dark! NOT
thats exactly what my video says

nice looking out

paulomb

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Monterrey, MX
thanks a lot to all! im currently restoring to 1.1.3 via iTunes...

now what version of ziPhone should I use to jailbreak/unlock?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
not to steel anyones thread but i just read this and had to mention......

the day after the new ziPhone jailbreak was released i atempted to jailbreak my ihpone eight times in a row only to get the same ''bsd room menu''' thing scrole threw my phone every time. on my ninth try i decided to pull out my laptop just for the hell of it and low and behold the jailbreak worked the first time. i checked my pc for anything i could come up with that might have caused it not to work and i have since restored and tried it several more times to no prevail..

i don't know if this will help anyone or not but i never once got the ziPhone jailbreak to work on my computer, but it works fine everytime i try my laptop.

again didn't mean to steel anyones thread it just surprised me that someone eles was getting the same message.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
bone, no offence, but your posts are becoming harder and harder to understand.

shure - sure
surch - search
steel - (n.) a hardened metal, often used in construction.
steal - (v.) to remove without the permission of owner

just a few I can think of.. lol its OCD