Urgent! Restore phone from new, all contacts gone-

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fayewolf, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Fayewolf

Fayewolf Member
    Bronze

I got the iPhone 4S and the battery life sucked so bad. Took to Apple and they said to restore as new. I backed up and everything but since I restored as new, my phone has no contact whatsoever, if i restore from backup in itune again will this be messed up again?

How do i get my contact/photos/ etc back?

2. owieh

owieh Contributor
    Bronze

When you restored, we're you ever asked by iTunes to setup as new or restore to backup?

3. Fayewolf

Fayewolf Member
    Bronze

Restore as new. Tats wht te genius told me to do. But how do I get my contacts/ photos back? I just restored from back up for now, I cannot dfunction without my contacts...

But I felt Ike this won't fix the battery issue..

4. owieh

owieh Contributor
    Bronze

Just give it a few days to see how your battery life is. Why don't you sync your contacts to iCloud?
    Settings > iCloud > Contacts

Then, if the battery life is still a big issue you could restore to new then after setting up your phone you turn on iCloud again. Your contacts should be available automatically.

Hope this helps.

Owie

5. Jerome G

Jerome G Member
    Bronze

You can import sim contacts from, Settings-Mail, contacts,calendars. In my experience, it does not restore all I the previous contacts. Also, I'm not sure if there is a tab in the iTunes menu to sync contacts.

6. Simonal

Simonal New Member

May have been better to back it up to ICloud then do a restore and then when setting up the phone again sign-in with your existing ICloud sign-in and then choose to restore from there.

As unlike the iTunes on your computer backup the ICloud backup only backs up data and not the apps or the system.