Urgent! Restore phone from new, all contacts gone-

Fayewolf

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
I got the iPhone 4S and the battery life sucked so bad. Took to Apple and they said to restore as new. I backed up and everything but since I restored as new, my phone has no contact whatsoever, if i restore from backup in itune again will this be messed up again?

How do i get my contact/photos/ etc back?

Fayewolf

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Restore as new. Tats wht te genius told me to do. But how do I get my contacts/ photos back? I just restored from back up for now, I cannot dfunction without my contacts...

But I felt Ike this won't fix the battery issue..

owieh

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
Sheffield, UK
twitter.com
Just give it a few days to see how your battery life is. Why don't you sync your contacts to iCloud?
Settings > iCloud > Contacts

Then, if the battery life is still a big issue you could restore to new then after setting up your phone you turn on iCloud again. Your contacts should be available automatically.

Hope this helps.

Owie

Jerome G

Bronze
Jul 12, 2010
You can import sim contacts from, Settings-Mail, contacts,calendars. In my experience, it does not restore all I the previous contacts. Also, I'm not sure if there is a tab in the iTunes menu to sync contacts.

Simonal

Jan 23, 2009
May have been better to back it up to ICloud then do a restore and then when setting up the phone again sign-in with your existing ICloud sign-in and then choose to restore from there.

As unlike the iTunes on your computer backup the ICloud backup only backs up data and not the apps or the system.