US iPhone in UK

The Raven

Feb 22, 2008
Lancashire, England
Hi Everyone,

I am going to the States in a fortnight with work :cool: and was wondering if I can get an iPhone there and register it with O2 when I get back to the UK with iTunes? Top forum by the way :D

Regards,

The Raven

The Raven

Feb 22, 2008
Lancashire, England
I don't see why you could not..
Cheers Doby - can anyone confirm 100% if this is possible? Has anyone done it themselves? I am already getting a Time Capsule because thanks for President Brown stuff costs more over here....... :mad::mad:

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I do believe its possible, but as for a first hand account. I havnt found one spacifiaclly.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
oh yes. Welcome to eic raven!

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
The US phone is no different than the UK phone. They come from the same factory and for that count so do the ones that go to Spain and France and so forth. I would not be worried but like ifonebone says "I do not know this first hand".

The Raven

Feb 22, 2008
Lancashire, England
Cheers everyone - I will continue the research. I have just had a quick look on the control panel - does anyone know how to stop getting sent an email everytime someone replies to a post?

The Raven

Feb 22, 2008
Lancashire, England
The US Apple store has a note that says 'two year activation agreement with AT&T required' Just like the UK site has a similar 18 month note for O2 :mad: Maybe this is not a possibility after all :(

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
your other option could be to purchase a iPhone from the internet. This will allow you to bypass the plan. Althou prices to vary. And for the email, click on user cp at the top of the screen! It will allow u to change your settings.

Keagle

Bronze
Feb 2, 2008
User CP> List Subscriptions - delete them all if you wish.

To stop them subscribing you automatically go to:
User CP>Edit Options>Scroll down to "Messaging & Notification">Then where it says "Default Thread Subscription Mode" - change it to what you would like.

I have mine as to do not subscribe, if there's a thread I want to subscribe to I can do it manually.

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
The US Apple store has a note that says 'two year activation agreement with AT&T required' Just like the UK site has a similar 18 month note for O2 :mad: Maybe this is not a possibility after all :(
You can still purchase it in the US and activate it in the UK. You just buy here and activate it when you get home.