US phone in the UK - Contacts not recognised when SMS/calling

ZeroK66

Nov 23, 2007
Hi Guys,

Well my phone has now been updated to 1.1.1, jailbroken and sim unlocked. Installed a few apps and really starting to see what I can do with the phone :D

Only real complaint I have at the moment is when I get a call or a text message come through I just get a number, not the contact name. Really annoying, I don't get it... is it cause all my contacts need +44 (UK dialing code) at the front?

Be nice when I get an sms through for the screen to tell me who it is from, or who is calling when the phone is ringing.

Help appreciated :)

Cheers

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Here i am again with a fix lol! :D

Make sure you have a Jailbroken iPhone with SSH installed (this is for v1.1.1 firmware)

1) Connect to your phone via SSH (through Cyberduck, WinSCP, Transit or whatever)

2) Browse to /System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework

3) Place THIS FILE in that folder and overwrite the old one

4) Once done, disconnect SSH and restart the phone.

5) Test it by getting someone to call/text you ;) :D
I have never had a problem with Receiving calls and showing the correct names, but i did have the SMS problem and this fixes it.

All credits to the guys at MMI for coming up with this fix!

Let me know how it goes ;) :D

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Thanks StevonW - that's another one I've been able to add to my toolkit

ZeroK66

Nov 23, 2007
Awesome all fixed! Thanks again Stevonw!

Next thing for me to play with is custom ring tones etc... I shall do some research. No doubt get stuck and be back asking more questions.

iPhone rocks!

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Awesome all fixed! Thanks again Stevonw!

Next thing for me to play with is custom ring tones etc... I shall do some research. No doubt get stuck and be back asking more questions.

iPhone rocks!

If you're on mac there is an easy one click app that converts and sends the ringtone to your phone. I'll try remember the name for you :laugh2:

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I found the program for Mac

It's called iToner and it has a free trial (it's $15 to purchase), but takes the hassle out of Ringtones.